close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Car vs. Motorcycle

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big black jeep, Jul 22, 2005.

1. A couple of weeks ago I was stopped in Indiana In my truck. Well I wasn't really stopped I had just pulled into a McDonalds and got out of my truck and he pulled up. He said that my muffler was to loud. I have dual Flowmaster 40's he didn't give me a ticket just a warning. My question is Why can motorcycles be as loud as they are but cars have to be quite? It makes no sense to me.

2. peon

peon account delete

i have been pulled over on my harley for loud pipe!!! i dont get away with nothin...

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Maybe the police know that loud pipes save lives. You need every edge you can get just to stay alive when on a bike.

They don't call them donorcycles in the ER for nothing.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Donorcycles ridin' by orgon donors! Yep, ER and the medic all call them the same.

5. the dunkle

the dunkle Juicy Jay every day

Dude cause everyone knows Motorcylces r sweet and cars r not, and everyone who drives a car really wish they were riding a motorcycle

6. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

No thanks. Kinda hard to tow a boat with a motorcycle.

7. peon

peon account delete

hard to own a boat and a motorcycle... im still trying to sell my harley so i can buy a boat.. iv found some sweet deals :(

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Never have neen on a motorcycle, and never want to..I want to live as long as I can..LOL

9. Nothing wrong with a good ride operated by a responsible rider on a fine bike.
    No need for loud pipes on a bike unless the rider is looking for attention. Did some riding and always felt like a target.

10. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i had a street bike some years ago and really enjoyed it until a couple of near misses with cars pulling out in front of me.now if i want to feel the breeze while i'm on the road i just put the top down on the jeep!

11. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

I saw something today that kind of seemed odd to say the least. Drove past and older couple on a big gold wing I think. It had a trailer behind it and training wheels. Maybe they aren't called that but that is what they looked like. They cam out beside the rear wheel and were decked out with the same color trim and body panels of the bike. They were about the size of a small rider front wheel but rouded like an airplane front wheel. never seen such a thing.

I used to ride by bros. bike but the other people on the road scared the living hell out of me so I decided I had enough of that and havent ridden in 10 yrs. maybe some day I will again but I doubt it.

12. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Don't worry, Dunkle is just drunk :rolleyes:

13. the dunkle

the dunkle Juicy Jay every day

Mushi is just mad cause hes to affraid to ride off any sweet jumps

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

"...... Taken it off any sweet jumps."
    CLASSIC.

When I rode (for a very short time) tge 4 wheel drivers scared me too, that plus I couldnt get the hang of going fast. I was more comfortable going up to 30MPH, not more that that, plus i have this little habbit of falling alseep drivnig @ night, so I stopped riding several years ago.

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Oh yea...... VOTE PEDRO!

16. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

You guys can stick to your cages while me and Dunkle are out enjoying the twisties of Ohio. A convertable top is just not the same as a bike. I have a 500 hp Mustang that is for sale because it just does not do it for me like my 100hp bike. You do have to gear up and be alert or better yet defensive. Anyone want to buy a 78 Cobra?

17. Thanks guys I was just confused that I got stopped in my truck because it was too loud and not on my bike when It is 10 times as loud.

18. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Yeah I want to know how they enforce that. Do they have a big ear on the outside of their patrol car that has a meter attached to it to measure the decibels. There is a point where an exhaust goes from loud to obnoxious. My buddy had a Katana with an aftermarket pipe and it was rediculous. My neighbors sure are glad he sold it. I hated to even ride it. I would find myself trying to not accelarate to much to keep it quiet. Although I did use to think it was cool to take the pipe clean off of my moped when I was a kid.

19. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

It really surprises me that so many fisherman on this site like loud pipes. When I'm out fishin on any body of water, there's nothing I find more obnoxious than some loud a-- motor cycle or vehichle interupting the peace and tranquility that comes with fishin. It happens all the time considering most bodies of water around here are surrounded by roads. I wish they would have ticketed you. I would have.

20. brandonjh00

brandonjh00 wannabebasspro

someone woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning.