Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've posted this twice before with great interest from folks in helping out. Well, being extremely busy over the past few weeks on SEVERAL things, this has sort of fallen by the wayside. Well, I'm setting it all up now.

The Stark Social Workers Network Summer Fishing Derbys will be held June 15 and 16 at Cooks Lagoon in downtown Canton.

15th(Friday) is the Senior Citizen derby.

16th(Saturday)is the kid's turn.

They need volunteers to help out, fishing tackle and bait donations,

I need to go out on a story now, but PLEASE PM me or email me at [email protected] and I will give you details and try and organize this.

Work...work...work....:(

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Helpers? Where'd you go?:D

·
TeamOGF
7,004 Posts
Carl, I am keeping those days open and waiting for my work schedule as we get closer. I have a better likelihood of making Saturday at this point.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK Jim. Thanks man.

Still waiting to hear from all the folks I heard from before...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
We're still here. Let us know what you need. Not sure about Friday but can help out in some way. I'll see you at the Mosquito outing if not before so we can get something worked out.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm trying to get some things organized... Work is REALLY cutting into my OGF time!!! LOL!!! If I could only tell you what is going on...;)

I'm trying to get some fine bait and tackle establishment to donate the bait for this event. I was told that last year, they used nightcrawlers. I'd like to get some waxworms and minnows too, at least to have some variety.

I'm also working on a grant to get some $$$ donated for kids fishing poles and tackle packs. The group that puts this on, the Stark Social Workers Network is a non-profit. I can provide all contact info for them, so if anyone donates anything financially, it goes directly to their organization, and is tax deductible.

The times of both events are 8AM til Noon.

The senior citizen event is Friday. The kids Saturday.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and relay the grant info, plus I will try and get specifics on what they need. I do know that any volunteers would be greatly appreciated.

Either myself or someone from WKYC will be shooting these events for a story. Could run that day. Could be in the future. Hopefully, over the next few weeks, I can get much more specific with that. :)

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
i still have that box of gear i told you about...i'll bring it to the crappy tourny!!!

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Wave...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts