Can't Decide Where To Go This Weekend

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JignPig Guide, Oct 16, 2008.

1. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Maybe I'll go to Burr Oak Lake or Lake Rupert.
    I've done some fishing lately. And the last several trips I have fished some smaller watersheds out of my 14-foot V-bottom. But I haven't taken the Triton out for some time now and I'm missing it a lot.
    What are some of the latest water temperatures? And I'll thank you guys in advance for your answers.

2. striperswiper

striperswiper Catfisherman for life;)

Im not sure about burr oak but lake rupert temps.were around 55 last time i was there.

3. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Went to Burr Oak Saturday October 18th. Surprisingly the temps were low 60s in the shallows, and up to 65 degrees in the main lake.
    My son and I fished for 7-hours and only caught two bass. It was very frustrating. We tried about every presentation except finesse fishing. The wind was blowing pretty strong all day long. Oh, and by the way, the only two fish caught hit my firetiger colored Strike King Red Eyed Shad.

I'm wondering if the rumors about tons of fish being taken out of that lake a few years back are true.

4. A friend of mine fished rupert sunday. Started around nine or ten and fished till 5 i think. He said he caught well over twenty with 5 over 4lbs each. said he was fishing the creek channel with crankbaits and they was hitting good thinking about trying friday and see if i can do anything up there good luck to all.