canoe turnament

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sleprock, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

hey fellas so my happy new year post didnt get any action, exsept for dink, so whos gonna float!
    is it just to early, i gotta baby coming in may so i wanna do one in march or april, where we gonna get the best turnout, anybody but dink know the gmr.(no offesne to dinkbuster). I'll even go far north. its probaby to early to plan

2. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

....get back to me in March/APril slep.....

3. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

Slep, I'd always fish with ya! Like LMRSmall said repost later in March/April

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  4. Sleprock

O K its febuary 13 (friday) i am geeking to fish. how do yall feel about a small get together at cowan soon, still to chilly in the river for me, i saw that ogf is having a crappie turny at delaware, 100 miles to far for me. we could do a big fish at cowan. good idea, bad idea, beginning of march?

i don't know if itll be warm by then, temps still going below freezing at night now. looking at the rivers late march. WHATS UP

5. Hi, Sleprock
    I'm not close enough to get to Cowan but I just wanted to post and let you know the GMR in Middletown area has reached 44° the last couple of days.

6. Sleprock

pick a day weather shaping up

march 28, 29th

gmr or lmr

$5dollar big fish or $25+$5 three fish
    huh?

7. Sleprock

hey bend over and spell outloud run!!!!

I'm getting warmed up snagged a quilback at cc on saturday, so if it counts I got my first if not I still ofer

snaged him in the cornhole, he didnt fight very hard but would you if you were hooked in the cornhole.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  8. smallies are turning on in the GMR. had a couple good days last week and read a couple other good reports.

9. Sleprock

allright now its april

when we gonna do one hows june

10. fshnteachr

Start throwing out some dates.....I have a lot going on in April but maybe I can get out. When you thinking?

11. LMRsmallmouth

Greg....I was thinking about not doing one this year but if we can find a way for just 1 fish cpr'd with a measurement in the pic I would do it. And we only need 5-6 people (or 4-5 boats), any more than that is alittle crowded. I want to fish out of the Yak this time. If not, I know the 5-6 of us on here that are always willing to have a friendly tourney between us!! What ever you figure out is good for me. We'll talk between now and then

12. fshnteachr

A CPR with a measurement is nice for those of us with yaks. No need to worry about live wells.

13. Sleprock

well its a dead idea i guess

we should do get togethers

Ill let it die

14. fshnteachr

Why????????

15. 1 fish CPR tourney I am in. Fun or money I am in throw out some dates.

16. Hey Guys, I made it finally. Found time to try to get caught up. Fishing has been tough for me this year. Trying to sell a house. Get mine fixed up etc. I am ready to do some fishing. I am gonna do more big water stuff this year. But I am ready, Slep, Fish, Dink, LMR, anyone else lets do it. The idea will not die. We can do whatever is best for everyone. Its all a good time.

CPR, Livewell, 1 fish, 3 fish, 5 fish, free, 5/10/25/50 dollars it dont matter. I will do my best to make it. Be safe guys. Stay in warm.

17. LMRsmallmouth

i will do a cpr tourney.....for braggin rights would be cool with me, or fun, or money, or whatever yall want. I just want to fish out of the yak this time :). Sounds like we have Slep, teach, JrOhio78,Lunkers, you can count me in and probably Rblake too. Ill be fishing anyway...lol I just dont want to do any livewells......ruler and pic seems easy to me. Lets hear some times and dates..

btw...I think end of April to beginning of may will be good fishing with a good chance of big fish....(It will be for me anyway...lol)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  18. fshnteachr

I cannot do April 25th, otherwise OK. I like CPR, $10 to $20 entry and have some fun!! I'd like to try the LMR further south or try the GMR, never been on it.

19. Sleprock

Guess i just need to throw in the towel!!!!

timing is poo for me baby supposedly coming around 15th of may

april 18th,26th, latest probably may 2 or 3 untill june 13th

(older sun graduation from high school down in fla)

so any other days from those i probably out.

would like to hit gmr but I am gonna wait for water temps get warmenuff to swim in it like high 70's

i think lmr a little less river less chance for deep and fast water in plastic boats.

most places i see on lmr you can stand up in and walk out if ya need.

big fish is fine with me, keeps everybody in it and we could set points to meet and learn the mark to beat. ruler and scale or whatever is cool but we ought to keep pot small cause i can think of so many ways to cheat with a pic don't ask cause i ant telling!!!

locations I would like to go where i ant been before, so that would be maybe far south lmr, mad, stillwater, far north lmr

ha
    still fishless for 09

20. LMRsmallmouth

I dont care...whatever, I know everyone almost who is interested....I dont cheat so whatever, a pic with a measurement in the pic is trustworthy enough for me. Plus slep, you have never caught a big enough one to beat me anyway....lol