close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Canoe trips????

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rweis, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Any canoe liveries that anyone would recommend that are on any of the Erie Tribs? The Rocky, Cuyahoga, or the Chagrin would be my 1st choices. Thanks!!!!!

2. Only one I know on the cuy. is camp Hi livery. I think they're in hiram . It's been a while. Very scenic part of the river but it might be pretty low right now.

3. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

also off of SR422 there is a livery,not sure what it is called now they changed owners recently.

4. Those are one in the same (Camp Hi). Just went on the canoe ride there 2 weeks ago. It is the far upper stretches of the cuyahoga. It is all SLOW water and when I mean slow I mean like a lake slow. Hardly any moving water at all. It would be alright for kids and older people but not that fun if your looking for excitement. If your looking for fun I found it kind of boring. I heard Mohican has better moving water and is more of a challenge but cant tell you anything about it first hand(never been there).

5. PumpUpTheBass

PumpUpTheBass JonBoatWannabe

Mohican is a lot of fun. I have been there numerous times to canoe and kayak. Nice river and lots of liveries to rent from. They do 10 mile and 5 mile trips and such.

6. If you're looking to do some fishing while paddling, the Cuyahoga river trip Camp High does might be a good choice. The flow is slow even when we aren't in a drought. I believe there's a sign at the put in directing you downstream. My point is it's easier to fish without the flow. I hear good things about the upper Cuyahoga but had had little success myself on the stretch Camp High shuttles.

7. goin to camp hi saturday. ill let you knoe how it was.

8. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

camp hi is on abbott rd. in hiram and the other one is on sr.422 it might be called riverside inn and livery