close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

canoe tournament lmr

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sleprock, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

hello everyone looking to start a canoe tournament for the lmr, we did it in the late spring it was a good time and good chance to meet other ogfers and fish some different water, looking to see how many people my be interested, dates are open now as well as location for now, as well as cost are all open just looking for interest before it gets real cold, school activities overtake everyones lives, saturdays or sundays are all good, lets get this going. I live in greene county and I would suggest floating from washinton mill canoe access to spring valley takeout as I dont think there is alot of canoe traffic for most of this float. it is about a 6 mile float takes me about 8-9 hours when fishing heavy and floating slow, suggestions will be accepted for different locations. This is a bass turny, sm or lm, post if interested.

rules and locations will be determind based on interest, kayaks good to go as well all are welcome.

slepper

2. we have discussed this a few times... Im im for another one.... depending on the time..

3. Sleprock

was thinking the holiday coming up would be a good time on monday, i got fantasy football drafts on that sunday
    i am good for most any other day or locatios just post suggestions so we can all get an idea where we would get the best turnouts.

Its on though

badmother we could do 2 differentones if you come north i will go south.

4. Sleprock

will take suggestions untill next weekend then we will work on narrowing down date and location please post any suggestions

lets get it on lol

5. what kind of baits are allowed? If it's artificial only, I might be interested. I'm sure I could scrounge up a canoe

6. Sleprock

gotta have a live well, cooler, or something to keep you fish alive

how about going from glen tompson reserve off of 35 bcreeck xenia to washington mill road map makes it look bigger thats 2 public launches looks like 6 mile trip never did it probably lots of canoers? anyone float this part of lmr before? looks deeper than my suggestion?

7. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

2 man teams still....like last time? If it fits in our schedules, myself and rblake will be glad to take your money again.... :)

8. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

Sounds fun! That stretch from 35 to Indian Ripple is a great stretch. I even wouldn't mind starting up at Trebein Rd.

2 man teams?? What about those of us in our yaks?

I like the suggestion of artifical bait only.

I always catch and release...how do you guys with kayaks keep your fish?? Where do you put them until you get back to the car? Yak isn't big enough for a cooler. River is so shallow if you tie them to the boat they would get dragged through those shallows. Tips??

9. it is artificial only...but up north around xenia the river is pretty narrow....so fishable water is going to be much more scarce...?? just a thought

10. Sleprock

i would give yakers a shot just make the put in cost per boat like last time.

I dont think right now it would make a difference as far as fishable water, remember the group of 100 canoes last time. lol

the map i am looking at has that spot kinda wide like father south I i know that my first suggestion probably wouldn't have had that much fishable water, as far as starting up farther i see a dam on map dam dam .

http://www4.wittenberg.edu/academics/hfs/tmartin/lilmiamiriver.jpg

here is map i looking at up there

how about some suggestions on dates, cost.

yakers better figur out some kinda livewell battery pump and a cooler straped to ya boat

11. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

Ive canoed from Treibein to Cesears Creek, and I dont remember any non fishin spots. It was all pretty well set and ready to go. The put in on treibein is easily accessed with a ramp and parking. I am new to this forum, but I would be glad to come out there and give you guys some money?!?! Just kiddin. But seriously you would probably get it. Too much farther north and you are going to run into some shallows for sure.

12. Sleprock

dates i suggest the 1 st or 3rd of sept or the 8 th or ninth any opinions?

we might get rain by then?

lmrsmallmouth ya still talking smack bring it!!

one bad as far as fishable at least me and lmrsmall wont have to worry about you and youre partener drowning from you waders lol!!!

its all in good fun, Me and my partner was 3rd outta 3 last time so I want redemption.

thinking an entery of 30 per boat w a 5 dollar big fish!!!

Lmrsmallmouth could you post you old rules in this tread so everone get good idea of rules you had last time?

if he doesent these would be a good giude line of rule.

( I don't spell )

3 fish limit

keepem' breathin'

let them go'

no bait like last time

one scale ( counting on lmrsmall)

30 entry per boat 5 big fish

largemouth spotted or smallmouth bass good for me(differnet from spring)

thats it

13. i think the third sounds like a good date.... as far as location... im up for anywhere that has sufficient water... maybe around ceasars creek..... thats sounds like a kool stretch

14. LMRsmallmouth

I too have a Kayak (and a canoe) but I dont see a feasible way to fish the tourney from a Yak....best to do 2 man teams out of a canoe. I am up for it...your rules look fine, I would prefer to do a Saturday over a Sunday but I will do whatever. Set it up officially slep......need to have 2 public put in/take outs...that is the only thing.

15. Sleprock

well went out wendsday night from millbridge launch up to first bridge upriver, I saw lots of fishable water, granted it is low right now some rain would be good. went maybe 1 mile plus alittle, cought rockbass, 4 smallmouth 2 14" 1 12" 1 10" before i had to head back looks like lots of good fishing.!!!

yakers could buy an innertube and cooler and rope and tow you livewell lol. i bet i could figure out a way but i am redneck maintenance man.

i think saterday would be best on the long weekend. i will be hungover on the 3rd i bet.

one bad i think you gonna have lots of boat traffic by cc. I don't think you be dissapointed i wasn't tonight, you like wading right?

i think aslong as you can keep you fishalive come on in, I don't care about how many in a boat 1 or 2 i may be solo.

16. Zfishman

Zfishman Member

Slep,

Thanks for the heads-up on your tourney. I can probably make it on a Sat. I would have to yak it or team with someone in their canoe. My canoe is under reconstruction right now. I will keep an eye on your posts.

17. Sleprock

zfishman glad you interested,

gotta keep your fish alive somehow.

also brought this up to some friends off the website, one guy i know has one of those 8 foot pontoons i say go plastic navy.

got it set up for the 1st of sept.

18. LMRsmallmouth

I should be in...just need to confirm with my partner.

19. hmmm, i ( and maybe a partner )might be intirested in participating, all depends on my schedule. will know in a couple days.

20. LMRsmallmouth

ok......me and rblake are in!!!