close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

canoe carrier

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by sauguy, Jun 19, 2005.

1. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

heres a handy little thing for moving a canoe or kayak. just load it up, pull it down to the river and put it in.[​IMG]

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Looks great!, so are you going to sell me oje when I get a canoe?

3. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Pretty cool. I have been thinking about making one that folds up so that i can strap it to my kayak. Does yours fold?

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I am thinking about getting a canoe..How would I transport one in my ford ranger pickup??? Would I put what I could in the bed, and have the rest sticking up over the cab?

5. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Flathunter You could buy four of those foam things that protect your cab and strap it to your roof. Just use four tie down straps, maybe the ratchet type and secure them to the back and front bumbers/ hitch/ tow hooks. If you have a long bed you could try that, but would go for the foam pads. YOu could maybe ask Steve Earley down at paddle power on water street.

6. I have a Ranger but have a cap so I just put it up there and strap it down. How long a bed do you have and how long a conoe you getting? My canoe if 14 feet long, if you want to see how it would fit in your truck come on up and we'll see how it fits for ya. You can take it for a spin if want anytime.

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have a six ft bed, and I want at least a 14ft canoe. Twistertail I would take you up on your offer, but I am to dang busy right now..

8. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

yes it folds and the tires are held on with quick connect pins.

9. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

If you have a hitch on your Ranger you can get a carrier/holder that fit's into the hitch. It has an adjustable height that you can set up so it's level with the cab of your truck. This was you can carry your canoe with 2 of those foam cab mount pads on the front and have the back sit on the carrier. I will look and see if I can find one and post it on here. It would not be hard to make one yourself also.