Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this has been talked about somewhere, but I cant find any info on fishing in canadian water. Are we allowed to buy a license online and fish across the line if we dont go to shore ?

·
WALLEYE, SMALLMOUTH, LARGEMOUTH, PERCH, BLUEGILL
221 Posts
July 21 is the next date for a decision on the border opening.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The Canadians still letting you buy a nonresident licence.I bought one over a month ago and then pusuaded my buddy to get one too.Thinking we could still fish over the line but not going to shore.Wrong.Pooh bear told me can't go over line yet.This is first time I have seen this topic on ogf.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. From what I have seen there wont be any changes to canadian border policies in the near future. I cancelled my August fishing trip to Ontario and dont see any way my September bear hunt is going to happen. Im having a hard time remembering what normal looks like. At least we have Erie.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
We've also cancelled trips for July and September is up in the air , last I heard ,July 27th is next review but with the current rise in corona cases there's no way they're letting us in , guess I'll look forward to 2021

·
Registered
32 Posts
It’s all very confusing. I called the Canadian Customs 1-800 number and spoke with an agent last week and he assured me that crossing the border to fish was totally legal.....and I know just recently they were turning people around on Lake Saint Claire from crossing the line.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
All I know is the Canadian Coast Guard and any other patrol boats will turn you around. and they do keep track of the boats that have crossed and have been turned around .The second time they catch you they are not as nice.I don't know about the third time. At least that is what they are doing on the west end of Erie and Detroit River.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts