Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the Canadians sell their fishing license by state/province as we do ours? In that case, what provonce would one need to purchase the license from in order to fish straight out of Cleveland?

We're close enough to the Canadian line now, chasing those eyes, so it might take crossing over eventually. I see some rigs acroos the border already, might be natural gas rigs, would be interesting fishing around them!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I know you need a passport to enter into Canada these days. Not sure if you need one when entering Canadian waters.............you may want to check that out as well.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes, all kinds of new regs crossing border. You can't just buy a license anymore and croos and fish it's a lot more complicated than that now.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Yes, all kinds of new regs crossing border. You can't just buy a license anymore and croos and fish it's a lot more complicated than that now.
not really. according to the dept. of immigration in Sandusky, it's pretty much the same as long as you do not touch canadian soil or anchor. If you leave US waters and cross into canadian waters and do not touch soil, then you are considered to have never left US waters and no reporting requirements are required.
That being said, the border patrol seems to have their own set of rules and I've heard different stories from them. The guy at sandusky immigration told me to pick up a pamphlet at the post office and carry it on my boat. There is a paragraph in their that states the same thing that I said above. The border patrol though seems to have this attitude that they make their own rules, so I got a passcard just in case.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate the comebacks. now I have a few leads to follow through!

Not realy looking forward to the 30+ mile runs, but it would be interesting.

maybe my next boat should be a 40' speed boat, doing 80 mph, with a 25 hp kicker on the back. that would also be an interesting concept!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts