Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped on way back from Wheatley yesterday, about a mile north of the border, NE of the old "C" can on the line. Picked up 11 nice walleye in about and hour and half.
Ran out to same area today and got 12 including a 9 pounder. Only kept 2 under 4 lbs. Was slow the first hour and the last hour but pretty fast in between times.
2 oz inlines back 50 and 3 oz inlines back 50-55, bottom bouncers took fish too. Best blade was the silver streak "erie-descent". Speed was between 1.4 and 1.6. Done by noon.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice job boatnut,
making the run tomorrow AM. Hoping to get into the steelies, but may have to stop back there if we can't find them.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice job Mike, that fish looks like a 12 pounder. Nice Al Linder :D J/K

get chrome?
Kevin,
wheatley was a bust...trolled for 4 hours and only one steelie. According to radio, no one else was doing much better. oh well..try it again in week or two if i hear of good reports. nice day for a boat ride.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job boatnut,
making the run tomorrow AM. Hoping to get into the steelies, but may have to stop back there if we can't find them.
you going with todd? or? I heard he ran eriaue today. gimme a call if ya need anything. good luck to ya!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Very very nice Mike. Congrats. -Koz

·
Registered
182 Posts
yeah boatnut, with Todd.
He got 13 steelies and 15 walleye yesterday. Leaving the house in just a few minutes.
Hope to ge tinto a few steelhead anyway, I have a couple guys that have never caught one going with me. Good luck! I'll call if we need anything.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Made it over there on Saturday. 59 miles from the harbor! Anyway, it was slow pickin's. Ended up 2 for 6 on the steelies and 3 very nice walleye.
Stopped at kelleys for gas on the way back (a little paranoid). As I pulled into the gas dock and put it in reverse to line up, I had no propoultion. Engine was fine but couldn't go anywhere.
Ended up getting towed in. Thank goodness for tow insurance!
Had the repair done already but it wasn't cheap!

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Made it over there on Saturday. 59 miles from the harbor! Anyway, it was slow pickin's. Ended up 2 for 6 on the steelies and 3 very nice walleye.
Stopped at kelleys for gas on the way back (a little paranoid). As I pulled into the gas dock and put it in reverse to line up, I had no propoultion. Engine was fine but couldn't go anywhere.
Ended up getting towed in. Thank goodness for tow insurance!
Had the repair done already but it wasn't cheap!
paul said you got towed but i thought it was from gas dock at pelee. that'd been one heck of a long tow ride! Fixing outdrives is never cheap. hope ya get 'em next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts