Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time of year I like to fish the Canadian side of the lake,what are the restrictions? Are we even allowed on that side?

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
Nope.. Not allowed in Canada.

Reactions: Gottagofishn

·
Registered
372 Posts
I dont see the harm in going over there in a boat. But where is the common sense at with anything else.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I actually bought my non resident liscence thinking we could just go across line and fish without going to shore.Find out not allowed to cross border to fish or to pleasure ride.We have fished on the line the last four weekends.Been a lot of boats in packs next to border.Have not seen any Canadian govt boats.Im sure they have the border and packs of boats being monitored on radar.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
I probably wasted my money on a license this year. Frankly, with the way the virus is coming back, I look for the border to be closed for quite a while. That could suck for my Canadian snowbird friends.

·
Catcher of big fish
632 Posts
I probably wasted my money on a license this year. Frankly, with the way the virus is coming back, I look for the border to be closed for quite a while. That could suck for my Canadian snowbird friends.
Call the 800 387 7011 and they will refund your money for Ontario fishing license. I called last week after they announced another month of border closed and they gave me a full refund.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Sure miss the weekends on Hen Island and trip to Biscotosi lake Ontario!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
We put $150/pp on a camp in NW Ontario first week in August - 8 of us. Can’t go, and won’t give us our deposit back - said would apply it to next year. Not happy.....

Port

·
Registered
779 Posts
We put $150/pp on a camp in NW Ontario first week in August - 8 of us. Can’t go, and won’t give us our deposit back - said would apply it to next year. Not happy.....
Sounds like the same bull the airlines pulled on people who bought tickets to fly.Wanting to apply that credit to a future flight.

Port

·
Registered
779 Posts
Sounds like the same bull the airlines pulled when their flights were cancelled.Wanting to credit a future flight instead of refunding your money.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I believe the "wheel" is wagon wheel.The area of water to the west side of Pelee island.We have done very well there in past seasons.Not sure how would know that unless had some Canadian friends that fish that area.

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
3,479 Posts
I actually bought my non resident liscence thinking we could just go across line and fish without going to shore.Find out not allowed to cross border to fish or to pleasure ride.We have fished on the line the last four weekends.Been a lot of boats in packs next to border.Have not seen any Canadian govt boats.Im sure they have the border and packs of boats being monitored on radar.
They actually had a patrol boat out about 2 weeks ago ! Came down the line past Pelee and went east towards the weather Bouy area

·
catchin my own bait since 1957
1,234 Posts

Port
Sounds like the same bull the airlines pulled when their flights were cancelled.Wanting to credit a future flight instead of refunding your money.
everyone everywhere is trying to keep their heads afloat, they don't have it to give back, spent that money a loonnnggg time ago on expenses ... Cruise lines are teetering on the brink, along with a lot of resorts everywhere ... airlines will end up needing a(nother) bail out ... my boss is arguing w/multiple entities about his vaca to Hawaii in April that was abruptly canceled ... airfare, hotel, various other things that are pre-paid to ensure you allegedly get them, can barely get a response, he may not even get a voucher :eek: we were planning a trip to Arizona and Vegas for WSOP when the poop hit the fan, luckily didn't spend anything yet, so happy about that ... laugh and the $$$ I didn't spend to get rivered by some Bozo w/a1 outer :p it's a sign of the times, they may not be around next year to use that voucher, but it sucks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts