close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

canada

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Redear, Mar 9, 2005.

1. anyone ever fish lady evelyn lake or stay at white pine lodge.
    some of us are going on a family outing the 2nd week of august.would sure like to get some info on the fishing up there.
    Thanks Fred

2. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

I've been there and you are going to love it. :)
    The best advise I can give you is go to the dam and fish the
    entire 1/2 mile of water leading up to the spillway and even
    down below the dam in the river. The 1st lodge you see on the
    river will be on your left and thats where we stayed, just go
    down stream from there (to the right) and go about 2-3 miles
    until you find fast water. That will be some of the best smallmouth
    fishing you will find.
    The lake itself is full of walleye and pike, we got 20-25 eyes aday
    while we were trying to get smallies and the pike hit tubes and jigs
    better than anything else.
    We went in late June so the water was just getting warm enough to
    pull the fish out of there wintering patterns, August should be awesome.
    Good Luck.

3. Smillieguy
    Hey thanks for the infomation and lure types sounds better all ready.
    Fred

4. Has anyone ever heard of a E-99 form required for bringing your boat into Canada? Going to Lake St. Clair in May. I've been there before and never heard of it until I checked out the web site of our cabin www.deerbrookmarina.com. Thanks Louie

5. Been taking my boat in for twenty-five years through the Soo and have never been asked for one. Sometimes they will ask you if your boat has ever been to Canada before - but I've never been asked to see a form.

I'd bet 99% of the boats crossing from the states don't have one.

6. Redear: I have fished lady evelyn.I stayed at the island 10 lodge.Great people,great food,and service. Their camp is just before the narrows.By all means take a day long trip and travel to the mouth of the river.There was a old logging camp there.Also you can travel up to Diamond falls and practally pick out the smallmouth that you want to catch.Smallies,walleyes and pike are plentyful but by no means a trophy lake.Not that there aren't any in there.BE CAREFUL as you pass thru the area called the narrows.It gets very windy there and can be a little hairy at times.Take warm clothes! We were there in Aug also and the weather varied from hour to hour.E-mail me with specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them all. Rick

7. There is nothing to worry about getting and E-99. If you do not have one they will ask you to pull over and they will issue you one. It takes about 5 min. When you go over at Windser DO NOT TAKE THE TUNNEL. Take the bridge. Even it there is a wait. If you take the tunnel you will have everything in your boat and truck inspected. Will take 3-4 hours, and you have to pack it back when they pile it all up on the curb. Also make sure you have your passport or birthcertificate with you. Have a good trip