close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Canada Trip update

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by boguspete, Jun 19, 2004.

1. I traveled to canada for a weekend getaway. Here's my results/summary and a link to the camp I went to!!

http://www.freewebs.com/christiescamp/

I just had to visit the camp myself. I traveled there on 6/11/04, and arrived there after a 13 hour drive. The beauty of the landscape was breathtaking!

Arriiving at the camp, I was greeted with a big "HELLO!" from Hugh, and an invite for a guided tour of the lake. Firing up the pontoon boat, we ventured into the clear lake. The water was like glass, clear and deep. Hugh showed me some of his 30+ years of knowledge of the lake and the fishing "hotspots". One place looked inviting, and I knew I'd be there in the morning.

I arose at 5am, grabbed a bite to eat, loaded up and out I went. There wasn't a ripple on the water, and the only sound was a loon. I dropped anchor and began my casting, bouncing off the bottom with a minnow/jighead. Wow! What a hit! I caught 8 keepers in 2 hrs, with the biggest being a 26" Walleye (Pickerel) and a 30" Northern Pike! Needless to say, I was going to eat good!

Hugh greeted my return around 8am, and instructed my filet technique with the pike. Gotta get those extra bones out!

This was how the next 3 days went, limiting out every day. I caught Northern Pike, Walleye, Smallmouth Bass, and Pearch.

I also saw Bear, Moose, Loons, Ducks, Snowshoe Hares, and Bald Eagles in the beautiful wilderness.

I saw mine shafts from the Gold Mines, and ventured up to the Diamond Mine just getting underway.

As Hugh and JoAnne waved goodbye on my last morning, I knew I'd be back. The fishing and hospitality are just too good not to revisit.

* there are pictures on the website I took as well as some more I have.
    If you'd like to see the lake better, or find out more info, email me
    cbarr16@adelphia.net

* One thing I've gotta add, I do update the website for Hugh and JoAnne. I don't make a dime off of it, because I love these people! :D

2. Sounds like a great time. I had that same experience at Camps Ronoda in Remigny, Quebec last June.....the handshake, the good bye, the knowing you'll be back to slay pike next year. Well, friday I am returning!

Did they have a mayfly hatch yet or recently? What lures/bait were the pike and walleye interested in?

I'll share my experience upon return. Can't wait to breath the fresh air!!!!!

3. catking

catking Banned

Great story !!! I'm glad you had a good time. It was nice reading about this venture. THE CATKING !!! GOOD LUCK ohiojmj !!!!

4. There's some new photos on the website, in case anyone's interested......
    Thanks for all the hits there! I appreciate ya'll checking it out....

'Pete
    http://www.freewebs.com/christiescamp/