Canada license in 2008

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by bcnulater, Dec 28, 2007.

  1. bcnulater

    bcnulater ~~~~~~~~~

    Heard somewhere you will also need(along with a NY license) a Canadian fishing license in 2008 when fishing the Niagra River. Anyone heard about this?
  2. This may help. Check out the "License Requirements for Border Waters" section.

    Zones have changed in Ontario. The upper Niagara is zone 19 and the lower is zone 20. Here's the Ontario 2008 MNR fishing regulaions site. I don't see anything on it about a change pretaining to fishing the Ontario or NY side of the river.

    When I fish the Niagara I always have both so I can fish either side with no worries. You can always contact the MNR regarding Ontario side of the Niagara just to be sure. 1-800-667-1940 or by email at