close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

canada in the morning

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by worminator, Sep 15, 2004.

1. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

I'll be making my usual fall Canada trip in the morning. Going to Stony lake. About 2 hours N.E. of Toronto. FISH........EAT..........SLEEP............ get up and do it again for three days. My arm will be killing me by Sunday. I usually have to start throwing lefty after two solid days of beating the weeds for muskie. Hey Jed, now I can rub this in after I missed the Browns game last week. We'll get you up there one of these days. I guess I owe you for the controlled deer hunt this year.

WORM.....................OUT

2. See you when you get back Al. Have fun and don't drink to much of them potent Molsons............LOL...............Rich

3. Give us a report upon return and good luck. Always looking for another good Canadian lake and camp. I'm going to Timmons, Ont. and Remigny, Quebec for two separate weeks next year May and June.

I was just in Gander Mountain last night and picked up some musky/pike spinnerbaits and Mepps #5 to replace lost lures from this years trip. I get wound up everytime someone says "Canada".

4. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

Got back Sunday evening from Stony lake. I've been going now for about four years in the spring and a trip in the fall and I have to say that this last trip had to be the best fishing than I have ever seen. We always do good in the spring but the bass are not in season. This past weekend we KILLED the bass. Also picked up a few nice walleye 4 and 5 lbs. We were getting so many bass that we decided to keep the mid-range fish to eat and throw back the big boys. Mid range was 18 to 20 inches, 3 - 5 lbs. The walleye must be feeding heavy cause the ones we caught were heavy for the size. We got a 25 inch walleye that weighed just over 5 lbs. We had two big ole fish dinners. There were 6 of us on the trip. What a way to end our year up there. Now I'm itching to go alreay in the spring. Going over was a mess at the border. It must have taken an hour to get into Canada. Coming back was a breeze. Don't know why but it's usually the other way around. Pictures to follow soon I hope.

5. Glad you had a good time. I am looking forward to the pictures. You didn't miss much around here.