close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Canada Fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Oldfox1939, May 15, 2004.

1. Scheduled to go to Northern Manitoba (500 miles north of Winnipeg) June 5, 2004, but was informed by the outfitter that they still have a foot of snow and three foot of ice.

Chances of getting in June 5, 2004 are next to none.

Group of 8 guys go every year to Ganglers Lodges (Ganglers.com) first week of June, this is the first time we have been froze out.

Looks like we will get in the last week of August if we don't make June.

Global Warming, bring it on..............FAST! :cool:

Oldfox1939

2. Portage Lakes

Portage Lakes OGF Member

My sister lives up in Alberta Canada and a few days ago she got 9 inches of snow and it was still coming down.

PL..............

3. I'm headed to Canada on June 11th - up by Kirkland lake (waaaay up north) - had a call from camp owner - said there's so much snow yet he couldn't get in yet - Hopefully it's melting or melted by then - doesn't look good though.

http://www.freewebs.com/christiescamp/

is the website where we're headed. They just started putting their site together.
    :cool:

'Pete

4. boguspete

I think you're still farther south than we are, no smallmouth up where we are, we're right next to the Northwest Territories (Nunavit?)

I don't think we have a chance...have opted to go in the last week of August if we don't make June 5. That way we should get some good Laker action/////Bigg Lakers.

You may make it by June 11.... I wish you luck.

Oldfox1939

5. Wow, $3000 for a week. Must be a heck of a fishing experience....

6. Wow, $3000 for a week. Must be a heck of a fishing experience....how big and how many pike?

7. Pike are average 36" to over 40" .......Lake Trout are 24" to over 40.

Average 100 fish per day per person....barbless hooks all catch and release.

Sounds like heaven..........It is!

Oldfox1939