Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wishin I was fishin
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go for some smallies this weekend at the big lake. I have been told that I am not allowed to take any live bait into Canadian waters is this correct? Thanks in advance!.......Stretch

·
Registered
743 Posts
Last time I checked you were NOT allowed to carry live bait across the border.

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,509 Posts
Unless the laws have changed you can take all the nightcrawlers you want into Canada,as long as they are not packed in dirt or spangham moss.
I always used the fiber bedding or shredded newspaper.

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
The trip we took with Rodbender Charters they were not allowed to take anything across the border except clean night crawlers. No dirt, etc. as been said. Just rinsed off in water and in a bucket (I believe). As for other stuff (Shiners, soft craws, etc.) you had to go ashore (which meant a trip into customs) to get them. Just a pain in the rear if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I am leaving for Quebec soon and bringing 20 dozen nightcrawlers in a cooler full of fiber bedding. You can not bring soil. Peat moss is not soil, but who has time to debate with customs dude, aye?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Went to Canada two weeks ago with a cooler that had a flat of nightcrawlers that we had ordered ahead of time. They were actually ordered from a Canadian company and came packed in regular soil. We were radomly inspected at the border and I watched the customs agent open the cooler they where in, dig a bit, and close it up. I thought for sure I was busted. But they handed me the keys, apologized for the delay and sent us along. Couldn't have been any friendlier. Mostly just checked the inside of our prescription drug bottles. Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts