Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Set The Hook!
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not asking for anything specific just point me in the right direction.
I am thinking of heading up to Erie for a few days on Thursday and could use a tip of where to start?
Ruggels,Lorain, the Islands ? I'm a drifter caster in a Bassboat but not afraid to run to get to the fish
Its been a few months since I have been up and dont know where to start
Thanks guys

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well for me the past 2 weeks we have tried every where and every depth range,Huron to Avon and have done pretty good.The most productive info I can give you is the most fish we have been getting are are worm haenesses and in shollow,18-32 FOW.Color really has not mattered.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ruggles would be my starting point. Its an easy boat ride and there are fish there. maybe a little scattered, but there. There were alot of drifters working the reef Sunday. I'm not sure how the drifters did, but we slowly picked at them trolling. Double willow leafs and crawlers just off the bottom seemed the best. I also talked to a few at the ramp when we came in that picked at some eyes straight out of the Vermilion river and close to Beaver Creek in deeper water 40+ f.o.w. Hope this helps and the weather man cooperates for your trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts