close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

can someone walk me through setting up my router

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by kennedy327, Feb 11, 2009.

1. I need someone to walk me though turning on the ports for xbox live. I tried linksys costumer service but it was hard to understand what the indian lady was saying half the time.

I tried typing the 192.168.1.1 into my adress bar and for a while was able to get to log in screen even though I dont know the password but now i cant get it there anymore. I already know what to do once I can get back to that password and figure it out.

2. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

The default user name AND password are both "admin". I strongly suggest you change the password once you've logged into the router.

Try power-cycling the router if your having trouble connecting to 192.168.1.1

If your still having problems you may need to reset the router by sticking a small object (like the end of a pen) into the tiny reset hole on the front of the router.

Hope this helps.

3. If you can't figure out the password look then look for a small reset button on the back of the router. It will be a small button in a hole that you have to push in with a pen and hold it for about 10 seconds.

I would recommend keeping your username and password as admin. Just make sure if you choose to use wireless that you add in a good password with it. The default might be username:admin password:password. I've seen that a few times as well.