close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

can i even get to lake erie now?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boatnut, Aug 22, 2007.

1. I'd like to go back up to the lake but keep reading about all the counties that are underwater between me and the lake. Wyandot, Huron, Marion and Sandusky as well as others all have flood warnings. I saw where bucyrus had lots of streets underwater and evacuating with boats.
    Are any highways passable???

2. Mike,

Bob K and I were heading up there last year and got stuck in a high water "situation" at St Rt 13 and ST Rt 96 (just east of Shelby). I thought we were going to have to unstrap the boat and get in it after I made up my own "detour" and then ended up driving thru deeper water on Rt 96 than if we had stayed on the Rt 13! I bet that area is WAY under water right now!

Tim

3. thanks tim..doesnt sound too encouraging...wait n see I guess. get back to work! lol

4. Water in crawford county has started going down. Streets are all passable in town, not sure about out of town. I know we had over 8 inches of rain in a few hours. I personally had 3 feet of water in my basement,man this is really gonna hurt the huntin finances too.Lost or hoping not to, lose too much gear, got stuff hanging all over the place. Mike

5. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Getting here might be problem, but once you get here you'll be fine. I haven't seen any flooded roads anywhere in the area.:)