close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can he do it???????????????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by reelmanly, Jan 3, 2008.

1. reelmanly

reelmanly Set The HOOK!!!!!!!!

Ran out of smokes at 734pm Dec 31 haven't bought any or had any since, strait cold turkey, Love the challenge, mind over matter thing, CAN IT BE DONE???? What's strange is the time I ran out is what 2 packs cost me, think I'll be buyin some new tackle etc after I figured out how much went up in smoke, This is drivin my woman crazy, no attitude change, no eating splurges, my key is 1, that's right folks 1...toothpick, now if I can find the flavored ones I'll be truly happy, it's no lie, after a few days the air smells fresher, food taste different and cig smoke stinks, I have one big supporter and that's my Kid, right now she is very proud, gotta keep her like that, truck is cleaner too LOL

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Hey good job reelmanly keep it up!!!! About the show I have a first episode recored just cant get them on the computer!!!! I'll show ya when i get them!

3. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

IT CAN BE DONE!!! I used to smoke a pack+/day for 8 years and quit cold turkey. First couple days were the most difficult, after that was fairly smooth sailing. I tried one a few years ago just for kicks and it about made me sick to my stomach. Good Luck!

4. My dad smoked for 22 years. On his 40th birthday, he had 1 cigarette left in his pack and decided he was done. Cold turkey and he hasn't touched one in 20 years. Keep up the good work, if you ever have a craving, find something to do to take your mind off of it.

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Reel - it can be done! I smoked for 30+ years and quit cold turkey 3 years ago. No problems at all. I have no desire to smoke and infact the smell now is nasty. My son still smokes and when he's around me I almost gag! GOOD JOB AND KEEP IT UP.

6. Congrtas !!!
    I just quit too, its been over a month now, 30+ years of smoking and 3 packs a day. It was hard but like you said, if you put your mind to it, it's very doable. Now it doesn't bother me at all. Even if it does, it only last a minute. I liked the challenge of it also. Don't like anything that controls me and have worked very hard to not be in that position with any aspect of my life. Smoking I guess, was just the last one that had to go! :)

7. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Nice Chuck! Who am I supposed to bum smokes off of now???? ;)

But seriously, great lifestyle change. Your daughter will be thrilled.

8. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

It's been since October 5th for me.

9. quit 15 years ago after 20 years of smoking---i had 6 cigars since that a gf brought from cancun---i was smoking one and almost fell off the bow of my boat---cant stand to be around it now---good luck

10. great job guys . your lungs are healing as we speak . .

11. tomb

tomb Tom B.

Good luck to you. I also quit without patches or pills. First three weeks went well, then I had a pretty short fuse after three weeks. That lasted for a couple weeks. Then the cravings completely went away after a year. Completely smoke free for 6 years now. Again, good luck.

12. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Going into week #8 without a cigar.

13. What makes or breaks you will be how you handle moments of weakness. I had to give up coffee and beer for the first 6-8 months. Been smoke free for 12 yrs and completely nicotine free for 2 years this month! The chew was harder to give up than the cigs. Good luck.

14. Mac

Mac

I quit smoking after smoking for over 30 years. That was 20 years ago. Just have to set your mind to quitting. People who quit but really don't want to quit don't. I know that was me on my many failed occasions. Good luck.

15. reelmanly

reelmanly Set The HOOK!!!!!!!!

Appreciate all the positive feedback, I really feeel this is a situation where I can accomplish the mission in long term fashion, Net, I am deliberately putting my self into situations that always seem to justify a smoke such as coffee in the morning, romp with the woman when I can, computer time, work, and all that stuff that triggered a smoke signal and I'm diggin it, I may be premature but laughuing in the devil's face so to say is quite fun, of course the true test will be when I fish some this weekend if that's possible. If someone can tell me where I can find flaviored toothpicks I would appreciate it can't find em in restaurants or stores. Remember the ones that tasted like peppermint.

16. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

17. You can also just buy the flavoring at the store and make your own. Just dip them in what flavor you like and put them away for later. :)
    Could even do peanut butter flavor ---- Misfit would love that. :D

18. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Keep up the great work Chuck ! You can beat the cravings ! I know it can be done easier than most people think ! If you need any incouragment or you think you need some help , give me a cal man and we will get through it ! :)

19. Been 7 years for me. Don't make the mistake I did. I switched to skoal. It is as bad or worse to quit. I went without any tobacco for 2 years. Now I can enjoy cigars on our yearly fishing trip, without any worry of re-starting. It has been good. You can do it. I found that it is the habit of the action, more than the nicotine.

20. Never addicted to cigs... tried them, but didnt care for them. Only a cigar for me these days. I can take 'em or leav 'em. While camping, they're great for getting rid of mosquito's.