close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

can anyone spare 1 million dollars???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Oh my gosh! I just got back from the store of my dreams!!! We are here in good old Atlanta, GA on a business trip. Tonight we made our way over to Bass Pro Shops/Outdoor World. I am not kidding when I say WOW and DOUBLE WOW! Anything and everything you could possibly ever want or need when it comes to fishing/boating/hunting/camping... gosh, you name it.... it is ALL there under one roof! They are even a Tracker Boat dealer! Now I am having serious withdrawls from my boat and fishing :(
    We leave for home tomorrow AM. So I guess for now, my Bass Fishing Pro game for my laptop, will just have to make do :D
    So, has anyone else ever been to this store? Did you think it was as great as I do? I seriously could spend a million dollars there... no problem!

Marcia

2. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Spending a million there is not the big problem.

Luckily I have spread my purchases out over a period of several years and my wife hasn't caught on yet ;)

Sort of like re arranging the guns every few months so new ones aren't so obvious :eek:

3. If you take a 5 minute detour at WB I-275 in Ohio (not Kentucky) you can spend another million at the one at Cincinnati Mills... :D

4. and I am glad it's not closer as I would probably spend a million dollars a lot faster than I am already on pace to do :D I have enough problems staying out of Gander Mountain, Galyan's, and Dick's. I thought the coolest thing was actually the fish tank. Neat to see those fishies underwater without it being in black and white on a 4" screen. I think I spent $400-$500 in about 45 minutes and I've only been there once. :eek: Reel Lady, step back away from the BPS Entrance, lay your purse down and take ten deep breaths. Turn away and get back in the RX-8 as fast as you can. You need not have 1 million dollars to try and spend it in that place. Before you know it, you will :)

5. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

As nice as the Bass Pro shops are they ( Haven't been in the Atlanta store, just Cincy and Detroit) they really don't compare favorably with the Cabelas stores. The Cabelas in Dundee is very nice, but the new one is Wheeling is very, very nice.

I don't believe that I could spend a million in BP, but would have no problem spending 1M in Cabelas.

Kim

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I agree with Lundy. The new Wheeling store is nice than the BPS in Catinatti. Going there weekend after Labor Day to spend birthday money on something or other. Can't wait. :D :D

7. Katfish, nice :)

I will not let myself go to any of those places because i can not even walk into the walmart Hunting and fishing area and get out in under 3 hours. So if i go to bass pro or cabelas i might never come back. I just stick to the Master Catalog, Look at it my "spare time" and for the most part i am safe from any rash spurt of the moment buys. And that is goo because i cant even afford the gas to drive to one of the stores.

8. I was just in Atlanta last week for business and I too made it to the Bass Pro there (last Tuesday). It was a difficult visit as I flew down there and didn't have room in my suitcase to buy goodies.

I have now been to the BPS in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Charlotte, Dallas, Springfield, and Houston.

I have been to the Cabelas in Dundee, Kearney NE, and Owatonna MN. It will be soon that I visit the new one in Wheeling.

BPS and Cabelas are the same and they are different, just depends on what exactly you are looking for. Their prices are usually about the same on same or similar items.

The wife would say I've already spent a million at these stores. :)

9. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

...you don't take an acoholic into a bar, so... :(

10. I always thought that Bass fishin' was for hillbillies. I've never been to a bass pro shop and plan on never goin'.....Kames is just fine with me. Most of the time I don't know what I'm looking for anyway and what they have there works great (most of the time).

11. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

i would have to say BPS in springfield , Mo is the best iv been to, they have a clearance building across the street

12. JBJ

JBJ

The BPS/OW in Atlanta was the first one I had ever been in. When I was there I found out that there would be a store opening in Cinci a couple months down the road. Took two days off work to go to the grand opening! Been to Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando stores since then also.

You are right about those stores being bad to the bone, reellady. My wife said that my jaw just hit the ground when we walked into that first one. The Galyans "WOW" factor 2-story stores have nothing on Outdoor World... I've heard that Cabelas is even better. I just don't need to have a heart attack right now so I'll hold off checking them out.

13. Bass fishin is not for hillbillies, it cost to much. Catfishing is for hillbilles, and i love it

14. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

catfishing can get quite expensive too, i think its more fun...i just love the intisipation of a bite. also, wheres the closest cabellas? i've been in the one in wisconsin. that was amazing...the whole back wall was an outdoors scene with stuffed deer, elk, wolfes, rabbits, bears, everything. it was amazing i mean this thing was all the way up the wall a good 20-25'.

15. i won't listen to any of you complain anymore... i only live 20 minutes from the cabelas in dundee and one of my favorite fishing spots in right on the way past there. i always stop in for one thing and 50 bucks later its a few more. be glad that most of you have close to an hour or more to get to any of these stores.

16. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Mojo, I know what you mean. I live about 10-12 minutes from BPS in Cincinnati, and because of how much I could easily spend in there, I intentionally try to stay away. I could bankrupt my bank account in a hurry. Also, with the hours I'm working now, it doesn't make much sense to buy something new, because I don't have enough time to use what I've already got.

17. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Ok.. time for a little bit of honesty... :)
    How many of you are able to walk into a store like Cabelas, Galyans, Bass Pro, etc.. with the intention of only getting 1... yes, just 1 item that you really need... (example: to replace your favorite lure that you lost on a big snag :( ) BUT.... you walk out, instead, with a basket full of merchandise that you just couldnt do without??? lol (or so you thought)
    I am curious to find out if I am the only one suffering from this problem ;)
    Happy Fishing (and spending!)
    Reel Lady aka...Marcia

18. I went to Cabelas in Wheeling, WV last Sunday and walked out with nothing! I'm a sporatic buyer and buy lots of what I need when I need it and then don't get stuff again for some time. I'd rather shop at Kames in Canton than BPS or Cabelas personally. They are taylored more to my fishing needs when it comes to bass fishing. My favorite though is just online shopping.

19. Reel Lady seems to have a lot of writing talent. She might be in the wrong business. heh? Take heed OGF staff.

20. JBJ

JBJ

Just try working in one of those places ReelLady! I am there when the newest stuff rolls in the door. Not to mention when the clearance prices hit. I look at things as I am putting them on the shelf and say to myself "oo, that looks like it would work great on fishing hole X". I have to place things in a drawer at work to give me time to really think it over before I buy it. I never let myself buy something the first day I see it. Well, most of the time... :cool: