close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can An Old Motor Be Hooked Up To Elec. Start?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by eye4neye, May 27, 2004.

1. ANYONEW KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO HOOK UP AN ELECTRIC START TO MY OLD JOHNSON...AND WOULD IT BE CHEAPER?---WITH THE 5 BLOWN DISKS AND DEGENTERATIVE BACK THAT I HAVE, ITS GETTING OLD ALREADY PULLING THAT MOTOR OF MINE....I DID FIGURE OUT MY PROBLEMS ON THE MOTOR----GAS....ISNT HOLDING THE RIGHT GAS AIR MIX, I THINK...I HAVE THE OLD DUAL LINE ON IT, AND THE COMPRESSION INSIDE THE TANK ISNT HOLDING RIGHT,,,,,ANYWAY, I FOUND ANOTHER TANK, AND I AM JUST WONDERING ABOUT THE ELEC. START CONVERSION0----IS THERE ONE OR AM I DREAMING AGAIN.........AND ONCE AGAIN GUYS,,,,THANKS ALOT FOR ALL OF THE RESPONSES TO ALL OF MY STUPID ?'S :rolleyes: ---I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE THEM ALL.....THANKS ALOT---EYE(TONY)

2. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

"ANYONEW KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO HOOK UP AN ELECTRIC START TO MY OLD JOHNSON...

Yes but I can't post the link on a family oriented site!

3. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

In all seriousness, try going to the Johnson website and looking for a kit or emailing their customer service. I know that conversion kits are available for some Mercury outboards. Of course the age of the motor may be a factor as well.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you might be able to find one,depending on age of motor.but,it will probably cost several hundred dollars.depending on the age and condition of your motor,you might be better off looking for a decent used one w/elec. start.,

5. Thanks Guys, That Is What I Kind Of Thought Also....4 What I Would Have Into The Motor, It May Be Worth Trying To Find Another Motor...any Out There You Know About...my Boat Is Rated For No Larger Than A 75 But In All Honesty I Would Not Go Much Over 40 Or 50 Hp....thanks Alot Guys, I Really Appreciate The Info.....and Worm----that Was Funny------tony