close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Camping

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by elyfishingmaster, May 22, 2005.

1. elyfishingmaster

elyfishingmaster Junior member

My family wants to go camping this weekend for momorial day. we always go to findley( Not that findley is bad or anything) but i want to camp somewhere new this year is there anywhere we could take our tent. We live in the lorain/elyria area any help would be helpful

2. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

If you are in to nearly primitive camping and don't miind the drive, take a trip down southeast into the AEP area. It is free and all you need is the free permit you can get on line. Once you get there, you will want to come back again and again.

3. Here ya go maybe try this place .we use to go every year on the 4th of july.you can get a spot on the river and fish and swim right in front of your tent.also your just down the road from the go-kart track and there is alot to do in the area.

http://mohicanreservation.com/index.htm

Bub

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

mosquito lake and east harbor state park are my choices. kelly's island state park is great too.you just have to get to these by wednesday to get a spot.

5. I don't like mosquito lake at all...
    Pymy is really nice and there is alot for the kids to do...

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Now Clyde, Just because a certain someone can't catch no fish at Mosquito doesn't mean he won't like camping there!:rolleyes:

7. Kellys is tops on our list,Lots of fun for everone of any age...

8. hahahaa... :D

There is not alot for kids to do and the sites that I saw lakeside really sucked if you wanted to fish from them... I like kid friendly campgrounds + the numbnuts who ran the office screwed up my reservations TWICE... Third time would make me look bad so they won't get that chance...
    Well maybe not till the end of next week ;)

9. catking

catking Banned

Be hard to find a decent spot now if you haven't made plans already..Big weekend coming up.......... Good Luck........ THE CATKING !!! :)

10. ........:p .........