Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Camping and Fishing

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mountaindew, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Any suggestions on where to fish and camp for a weekend around the northwest Ohio area? The camp does not have to be really a campground. -Thanks.
  2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

These lakes have campgrounds right on the water:
    West Branch (closed right now)

I am not sure of any others in NE Ohio.

3. Well if your main objective is fishing and not somuch family thing, there are spots on Indian where you get a boat dock with the site! Now your on asphalt ground so a cot will be needed. I camped in the bed of my truck last time out! The dock is just feet away from you! Glenn
  4. My suggestion would be Kelly's Island on Lake Erie near Sandusky. You have to take the ferry from Marblehead, but there is a state park that offers camping and a boat ramp. The boat ramp is on a small bay that as long as the wind is not out of the north and boat traffic isn't too crazy the are is fairly sheltered from the waves. So, it would accomodate a rather small boat with common sense.

In that area, there are places to fish from the bank or boat. You should be able some smallies (bank or boat) and walleye (boat). The only downside is that you have to pay for the ferry too.

5. its not in ohio but pickney state game area in michigan is real nice. its just north of ann arbor and has a series of like 10 lakes on it with tons of hiking trails and nice stretches of woods. i'm not sure if you're bank fishing, if you are it will make it a little harder just to find long stretches of shore line but there a lot of water so i'm sure if you talked to a ranger they could point you in right direction.
  6. Maumee Bay has excellent camp ground facilates, There are launches at metzeger marsh and on Bay shore road(ODNR launces). By bank there is lots of shoreline in the park and the access from the launch to the lake @ Metzgers Marsh may give you some excitment. There is also shore fishing off the bay shore ramp, which is next to a electric plant. Spelling errors are included a product of to much education.