close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Campgrounds in central OH???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thommes, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Hello all. I'm a newbie to the site and thought someone out there might be able to help me out. I'm looking for a campground that offers permanent year round sites in the central OH area. Swimming and fishing are a requirement as well as pets. I know of Jackson Lake already. They seem sort of on the expensive side. Someone told me about Fish and Game but I can't find any info on it. I'm looking in the area of about an hour drive from Columbus.

Thanks
    Tom

2. dnm

dnm

I liked the deer creek state park one, we had a blast!

3. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Just go to ODNR site, shows and tells you about all of the State parks and you can reserve on line. Just do a search for Ohio Dept of Natural Resourses.

4. Yep, I like Deer Creek as well.

I've been to the ODNR site and looked around. However, I'm not looking for a weekend site. I'm looking for a permanent camp site. Someplace I can set up a camper indefinitely.

5. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

lot of campgrounds around the lake. most of them offer year around camping but im not sure about swimming if your lookin for a pool. Indian offers excellent fishing and boating. There was a big article about it in Sundays columbus dispatch 6-5-05, 50 minutes west of c-town

sowbelly

6. Candlewood Lake outside of Mt.Gilead offers year round lots, from RV to rustic camping. They also have two lodges with swimming pools and two beach areas and the lake has largemouth,smallies,walleye,stripers etc.

www.candlewood-lake.com

7. That's getting really close. That's what I'm looking for but more of a camping flavor. Sounds nice really nice.

I went to a private campground up by Indian Lake a few years back. At the time we had a new born and the trip back took about an hour and a half and we couldn't see driving that long to relax. :) Of course we drove up and back on the same day which also makes it seem pretty long. Wish I could remember the name of the place.