Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any campers here? I bought a travel trailer this summer. We've taken it multiple places with the kids but the places with lakes/ponds i've been tend to be over-fished and fishing is real slow.

Anybody have any favorite camping spots with good fishing?

Jim

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
w/Grandkids tenting at East Harbor State Park. Great senior discount. Free launch.
Get the pull through site for boat and get "with electricity"

·
Registered
691 Posts
Good fishing is a highly variable factor. Places I've camped where either I or my kids enjoyed the fishing in years past. Brookville and Whitewater in Indiana. Hueston Woods, Kiser Lake, Rocky Fork, Cesars Creek, Alum Creek, Indian Lake, Lake Hope, Burr Oak, Salt Fork, Lake Loramie. It has been awhile since I've been to a few of these lakes. Soon I'll have to start all over again with the grand kids.

·
Tom B.
3,902 Posts
Berlin was our favorite. Haven't camped in a couple years there. It's a federal campground. Shore fishing there is generally better mid to late summer because of seasonally fluctuating water levels. You may not have good shoreline access in the spring/early summer due to high water level. Hard to beat carp fishing w/ corn during the day or channel cats w/ chicken livers at night.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
any campers here? I bought a travel trailer this summer. We've taken it multiple places with the kids but the places with lakes/ponds i've been tend to be over-fished and fishing is real slow.

Anybody have any favorite camping spots with good fishing?

Jim
Indian Lake would be a good choice!!! Nice camp ground and some decent fishing too.
CJ Brown....
Alum Creek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts