close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Camel Spiders

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShoreBoundOne, Apr 8, 2004.

1. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

For those of you that are not familiar with some of the friendly critters the boys over there are contending with...check it out. By the way, these things are completely harmless other than a pretty good bite...they like to get in sleeping bags.

Attached Files:

2. Okay I don't know how big that thing really is but I can tell you how flat he would be if he were anywhere near me.:eek: :D

3. ShoreBoundOne

I am not sure exactly how big those are but they get about 6 inches across.

Damn i hate spiders !! but those look big enough to dress out.

Mitch

4. catking

catking Banned

DA KING !!! would have to go AWOL if I saw these critters. People forget about the things our troops put up with besides the war. Vietnam had posion snakes(many guys died from them) tigers, spiders........JEEZE US !!!! I just want to shoot the enemy........THE CATKING !!!

5. Give me a snake anyday over those big spiders.

6. catking

catking Banned

I hear that Brian- If people only knew how much I was afraid of spiders, I'm ashamed of myself :D I've left hot spots while fishing because of them :eek: The wife has to kill them when one is in the house. Come fall, I'm a wreck. We live in the country, and get those nasty wolf spiders-the REALLY BIG ONES !!! I've seen 5-6 a night in the house. I'm serious, I'm a nervous wreck from late sept until the first killing frost. I put enough spider killer around the house last year, that freakin birds were biting the bullet LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! DA KING !!!

7. ShoreBoundOne

I'm with you King...what is it about those dang things!! Only one more scared of them things is my Daughter lol.

Mitch

8. catking

catking Banned

Hey Shorebound- I think as infants, a spider crossed over our faces and there was nothing we could do. But it was burned into our sub-memories. How's that sound :confused: Plus what else has 8 freakin legs and little beaded eyes :eek: CATKING.

9. Wolf spiders! YUCK! A few years back we were putting an addition on the house and we had a brief period where we had the outside wall torn off and we were finishing closing in the tie-in. During this time the spiders were able to make it from under the crawl space up into the house. You would not believe the number of those things that came in. Every night when I would sit in the living room watching TV I could see them going across the dimly lit kitchen floor...and this is probably 30 feet away.:eek: So I would sit with the fly swatter and make periodic rounds to the kitchen. I would guess I was eliminating more than a dozen every night. And this went on for better than a week!

My wife still laughs at the sight she had the one time when I was trying to make it down to the barn which sits in a field where I only mowed occasionally. This particular time was late summer when the black and yellow garden spiders were out in huge numbers. Well the weeds were high enough in places that they would form webs everywhere. When she looked out all she saw was me doing some sort of dance as she described it as I was stepping over webs and swatting and smashing spiders left and right with a couple of stub 2x4's.:D I was not enjoying it at the time but I am sure it was good comical relief for her.:D Needless to say that area gets mowed pretty well anymore.:D

10. catking

catking Banned

Like I said, I live in the country in an old farm house. I put bales of straw against the foundation(rock) in the late fall to keep the pipes from freezing. One year, I left the bales there way past the March date that I usually remove them. If fact it was August or something. Anyway, the spiders nested in these bales. and come late fall, I paid for being lazy.BIG TIME !!!My god, the big black wolfs were falling off the curtains at night. I gotta quit this thread, I'm having relapses....... :eek: DA KING !!!

11. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

SNAKES??? SPIDERS???? Are you guys TRYING to give me the heebie jeebies!!!! Yuck!!!!! :( :eek: And don't even get me started on the mice! Anything that little that moves that fast can't be trusted!

12. catking

catking Banned

Are you talkin about mice or crappielooker :eek: THE CATKING !!!

13. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Oh, that was bad!!!!!! :D :D :p

14. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

:D

Hey King. Forgot to mention. The carpking plaque this year has a big ole SPIDER on it :)