close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Came to the rescue

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Walter Adkins, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Two guys I know called me yesterday for some help. See one of them got to talking and ended up betting his wife that he would catch a bass yesterday or she could buy a $80.00 purse. Well the two of them had hit the Mad River (in three places) a few local ponds to no avail. Needless to say his wife was already planning her trip to the store. Then they called me around 4:00 and I took them to the LMR. Trouble was at this point the other guy had got to bragging about his fishing ability and his wife jumped on the purse bet.

Fishing time came and we fished for a good hour without them catching a single small mouth. You would have thought that they were going for the BASS championship as nervous as they were. I just goofing off and catching bass. Then it happened one of them caught a 10" smallmouth. This grown guy was dancing around in the river with his fish. He caught a few more but his friend still was short one. Finaly with just a little time left fisherman two hooked into a nice 17" small mouth. He faught that fish with more concern than I would have with a 9lbr largemouth. But he did land it and the fish verses purse battle was done.

Some times we just do not know what we are getting into when the phone rings. I still had a lot of fun watching them catch their fish.

2. That is scary...girls and their purses...haha I know they were relieved, cause I sure as hell would have been after catching a bass no matter how big

3. Ha - this girl would much rather spend the day fishing than go shopping for a new purse - I just have trouble prying the hubby from in front of his big screen most of the time. I managed to get him out this morning and we ended up with a dozen nice bluegill.

Nora

4. Me too, Nora! What good will a purse do us while fishing anyway? :confused:

5. How come I can never find a girl that likes to go fishing????!!!! You gals have friends? I always seem to date the girly girls..haha who would rather buy purses and go shopping then go fishing

6. Why you could use it for a tackle box. In the little spot on the inside you store your sinkers. The two major holding areas is where you store your soft plastics. Hang your spinner baits on the divide along with some crank baits.

And the best part of the purse is that you carry it while I fish. Just like shopping :D :D :D

Or in Mrsnspectr's case you can get your husband to carry it. That is if you can get him off the couch. (that is to be funny not trying to insult anyone beyond just poking fun)

A side note Mrsnspectr, if you want to get him to go fishing with you all you have to do is say this: "Hey I am going to go wade fishing with a guy from OGF I will be home by 9pm well he did say that he likes to throw buzz baits at night so it might be more like 3am. "

If that does not get him off of the couch then I do not know what will.

7. iteech

iteech Shebasser

Well I love fishing more than about anything, but I'm mystified that guys cannot find women who like to fish. Many of my women friends love to fish, and the other half tolerate it well. Lots of women don't KNOW they like to fish, till they get out there and pull in a big one! (YOU "hook" them :p ) And I'm VERY much the "girly-girl", that's why everyone is surprised when I tell them I love to fish! You don't have to be a 'rugged woman' to like fishing--it's (usually) not a physically taxing sport, and you can do it sitting down! And I'm with the other ladies--if you offered me an $80 purse or a day of fishing for LMB, I'd take the fishin' in a NEW YORK MINUTE! We ROCK, ladies!;)

8. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Women don't fish .Period. In 50 yrs of life I never met one that did or owned any of her own tackle and if she did, it was cuz her husband/boyfriend does it.I think inspctr and iteech are just guys yanking our chains on here. The topics of the outdoors,fishing or hunting are not what women want to talk about or engage in...sure way to get that glazed-eyed, bored look in a woman,TC1

9. iteech

iteech Shebasser

Nora and Kayak, jump in here. I'm going to assume that TC1 is just ribbin' the ladies, 'cause if he's serious, we three will MESS HIM UP.;) TC, you were teasing, right? Walter Adkins and Flathead King, both respected members of this forum, have both been fishing with me. (Or me with them that is--these guys are great). Walter and Flathead, did I have my own tackle? Can I fish?? My garage has the most shameful amount of fishing gear--at least 25 rod and reels, at least 5 big tackle bags (I don't like them when they get dirty, and I buy new ones--that IS girly, I admit :) ) My refrigerator smells funny nearly all the time, 'cause I've got worms and rotting chicken and bait in there. My husband does not like to fish very much, and he sure a'int much good at it--that's why I go with other guys! (Usually my sons). And you can trust me when I tell you we only fish, because being near fishable waters and doing ANYTHING else is a crime punishable by death at least, or if you want to get really scary, NO BITES for a full year. I caught my family's supper many, many times--when I was 8 years old and younger. I out-fished the brothers and boy cousins so often they refused to take me with them any more (they still won't, 50 years later). Not only that--but I clean them and fillet 'em and cook 'em...look in my freezer, and you will see the fillets from my last fishing trip to a big private lake--my husband won't touch a knife to a fish, he'll get pale. OK, I've just about run down now...ladies???:p

10. TC1 thems fighting words wround my wifes family, They are all from minnesota, and take great pride in their ability to fish, hunt, fillet, and camp. I still remeber a summer or two ago I was wading the LMR with my wife when she caught a small saugeye, She had her hand halfway to its mouth in an attempt to unhook it, when I came running across the river, pliers in hand. She then got huffy puffy about being able to do it herself until I showed her its teeth. She takes great pride in her ability to fish and she thought the shotgun I bought her for christmas was a perfect gift.

11. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Yes,I am just ribbin ya'll ;-) I just never met any myself. I did see a gal in a driftboat w/ a guide in Mi on th PM once but that's really about as close as I've been to a real fisherwoman. I do believe that farther up N where bloodsports are inborn it's possible but down here? Scarce as hens teeth ,TC1

12. I can not speak for others but Iteech is telling the truth. She does enjoying fishing while her husband is kind of just along for the ride. Now my wife on the other hand would rather set swinging and drinking a cup of coffee as to go fishing with me. But I have a little girl that will get right out there and out fish most grown men. She can cast, set the hook and get the fish off all by her self. I just feel sorry for the guy she marries, he better not get embarrassed by a women out fishing him.

13. Well, I have to admit I am not a girly girl. I never have been, as I was raised with two older brothers, and all the family did when I was a kid was go camping, boating and fishing. It is actually the females in the family/extended family that love to fish. We leave the granddaughter (too young to fish) at my step son's with him and my hubby to watch Nascar or sports on Sunday, and us girls head to our favorite spot below the low dam in West Carrolton - My daughter-in-law and I are always getting in trouble for staying out so late.

Where a lot of ladies get in trouble with their spending at the mall, I tend to get in trouble with the amount of money I spend if I go somewhere like Home Depot or anywhere that sells tackle. We stopped at Cabela's a few weeks ago and they had some hooks I liked that I haven't seen here. Hubby didn't understand why I bought 10 packs of them!