close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

camcorder help needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dip, Sep 29, 2007.

1. dip

dip dip

my 11 year old daughter wants a camcorder and her b-day is a few weeks away so i'm considering gittin her one. i looking to spend in the $200 range which seem to have mini-dv media. what does that play on? would i need to buy any gadgets to play on a tv? any advice welcomed! thanx!

2. dip

dip dip

Wow!!!! All This Help Is Overwhelming!:s

3. There are a couple ways. The usual way is to connect the camcorder to the TV with the cables provided when you buy it. Just like hooking up a VCR or video game.

I know, in the old days, you can purchase an adapter you place the mini-tape in, the put it in your VCR to play.

There should be directions on how to connect with the camcorder when you purchase it.

4. Mini-DV is a good format for home use. The cameras usually come with both video cables to hook to a TV as well as a USB cable so you can load the video on your computer, if you have enough memory.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

WOW!!!your post has only been up for a whopping 17 hours overnight.were you expecting people to be beating a path here as soon as you posted?being it's a nice weekend,and the boards are slow as usual,you ain't likely to get "instant service".maybe a valium would help:confused: ;)

ps.............sorry i can't help.i don't know a thing about camcrders.

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I would suggest spending more than 200 bucks..For 500 you can get one with it's own hard drive.

7. dip

dip dip

thanx BIG DADDY! jakkal, i'm gittin it for my 11 year old..... a starter camcorder if you will. and MISFIT? YER KILLIN ME!!!!!!:D