Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone thinks you have to drive far to go turkey hunting, think again. Had a hen walking down Hannum ave. in rossford close to the marina. Sometimes u just never know what u will see where.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If anyone thinks you have to drive far to go turkey hunting, think again. Had a hen walking down Hannum ave. in rossford close to the marina. Sometimes u just never know what u will see where.
I live in Rossford and find this HARD to gobble down. Where did it go?

·
Cowboy Charters
1,665 Posts
Wow. I live in Rossford not far from there. COOL! Haven't seen one of them walking around town yet.

Did it have a lease or collar on it?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I was out today. I had two gobblers come in from 200 yds out from across an open field......but skirted 40 yds to my left and went on by.....didn't take the shot....my buddy was in the way! Big ole birds with 8-10 in. beards. Strutted by at 20 yards from my buddy but didn't offer its head!

Saw 6 deer. Had 4 gobblers respond with the two aformentioned.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea where it came from. I have witnesses. Couldn't get close enough to get a good pic. It walked from yard to yard, it one guys garage, then I lost track of it. Have no idea where it went and haven't seen it again. The closest I've seen em around here is 2 out by Maumee bay st. park.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I used to live in Rossford off of Birch Drive. We had a deer in our front yard in the middle of the afternoon one day. Trust me, Rossford is not the wilderness. That turkey must have been something to see.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a pic of it. If u click on the pic a couple of times it gets big and u can clearly see the hen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
WoW. I'm going to have to start driving up and down your street now :) I wonder if it came from the W.W. Knight park up the street a bit.

As to the deers, rossford/perrysburg township does have a growing herd. After my wife almost smacked a buck, I bow hunted the few patches of woods in rossford/perrysburg township area. In the course of a few hours I was able to call into three... had one good shot which deflected off the breast bone bone of a younger buck .. two does who where too spooked to get any closer.

We seen a coyote over behind Giant Eagle last summer also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts