Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bass boat Speedboat Vehicle Boat Water transportation
Bass boat Boat Speedboat Vehicle Watercraft
Recently picked up a 2014 outlander 156 tiller. It’s basically brand new with one trip ran in it. I’ll pick it up from the dealer this week and start the rigging process. Wondering how these ride in chop and how you guys like yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
View attachment 367347 View attachment 367349 Recently picked up a 2014 outlander 156 tiller. It’s basically brand new with one trip ran in it. I’ll pick it up from the dealer this week and start the rigging process. Wondering how these ride in chop and how you guys like yours?
I don’t know they ride but they are built very strong. I think that from their design they would ride as good as a Lund.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
My friend Ken had a Polarcraft bought at Back Bay Marina nest Springfield Lake. It was the 3 bench style deep V 14’ tiller. He put an aluminum floor in it. It was deeper than my 14’ Lund and had a dryer ride.
It handled big waves very well. One time we were in Florida on Stick Marsh trying to get back to the ramp before dark. We had about an 8 mile ride in 3-4’ waves. It took those roller waves very well and actually was a pretty smooth ride. I was impressed. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My friend Ken had a Polarcraft bought at Back Bay Marina nest Springfield Lake. It was the 3 bench style deep V 14’ tiller. He put an aluminum floor in it. It was deeper than my 14’ Lund and had a dryer ride.
It handled big waves very well. One time we were in Florida on Stick Marsh trying to get back to the ramp before dark. We had about an 8 mile ride in 3-4’ waves. It took those roller waves very well and actually was a pretty smooth ride. I was impressed. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Did he have a 9.9? I’m hoping the 25hp Merc 2 stroke will be enough to get two guys on plan quickly. That’s pretty reassuring that the 14 handled good with a 70” beam. This model I have has a 81” beam. I take delivery Thursday so if the Stars Allighn I’ll be out on Erie Sunday for a test run.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
He had the 25 hp Honda 4 stroke. It went about 25 mph with 2 of us. click on the link and you will see the motor and boat.
Is your Yamaha the F25? It looks kind of small for a 25 in your pics.

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, drove past it twice. Stopped and looked, I knew it was the one for me. And the dealer was negotiable. I was looking for a bit bigger tiller style multi species boat than my Grumman. Only because I’m planning on fishing the fall brawl this year. That Grumman is one hell of a boat tho. Best small boat I’ve ever owned. I’ll be sad to see it go.

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also not a polarkraft owner but congrats on the rig and looks like a great boat. I've always liked the smaller deep v tillers, always seems like a lot of boat in a smaller package. Putting a new trolling motor up front?
Yup, dropping a 24v 80pnd thrust minnkota ipilot on the front. Garmin 93sv in the back and 43cv in the front for drop shotting and casting shallow water.

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really enjoy fishing from small tiller boat boats. Very low maintenance, easy to customize, great on gas, open platform, launches anywhere when solo, fishes skinny water, and just perfect for driveway or garage storage. I had a 18ft Crestliner and I did miss it for Erie, but when I saw this rig, I knew it would be the perfect blend for my style of fishing in Ohio with all the different lakes and rivers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts