called off:)

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by joe01, Nov 9, 2007.

1. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

I called off work today to hit the river, And It paid off... I watched a couple nice bucks walk across the river about 70 yards. I was in water up to my chest workin the deep holes. Sorry the pic not so good my phone sucks. water is real clear at rock, Jig and mag took all the fish today.

Attached Files:

2. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

If you're fishing chest deep water in the Rocky, you were probably standing
    in a good fishing hole......

3. Chest Deap? Were you spearfishin with a snorkel????

4. joe01

scuba gear:) it is a good hole. You have to get in deep to fish...

5. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

it don't matter if ya got to throw on the floatees to get in a hole. I say if ya caught one it was worth the shrunken package and icy testes!
    nice :B

6. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

joe01, not meaning to hi-jack this but I noticed you were from Litchfield. Did you ever fish the pay lake called Cedar Lake? I grew up fishing that place. I wonder what evr happened to it.

7. joe01

69 its allways worth it:) never heard of the place big daddy, I have only lived here for 1 year. where is it at?

8. Isnt that the lake over on smith road?

9. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Can't remember the name of the road for sure but Smith rings a bell. I do know it is/was south of the circle a short distance. Heading in that direction you would be making a left onto the road and the lake was on your right behind a couple of nice houses. Spent countless days there catching those trout. Got to know the owners very well and they would let us fish for free.

10. joe01

thats on west smith right after the motorcicle track, I looked this weekend