close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

call of duty modern warfare

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by ClickerCrazy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Ok, maybe someone on here can help me. LOL! I've never asked a computer question on a huntinig and fishing forum, but here it goes.

I got cod 4 for Christmas and put it in my 3 month old dell inspirion 530, and it wont play. I'm thinking it is my video card, but I'm not sure. I didnt get an upgrade on my video card when it was bought. It has a GMA 3100, and it is intigrated?

Can anyone refer me to a video card that will run this game that isn't $200? I also read that I might need some kind of power cord to run the card?:confused:

Just tried to call Circit City, but it looks like they closed the doors over the weekend!! GREAT!!!! The one time I want to talk to a kid that is way over my head, and they are gone. lol!

Thanks,
    Dave

2. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Exactly why I went XBox... seems like every new game release required a hardware upgrade too.

3. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

Get on newegg.com and get one.

4. doesn't windows vista only run games for windows games?

5. You can get a 8400 GS from bestbuy for about $80. Should be able to play fine as long as you are on low, possibly medium settings.

... or you can go to newegg and get a Radeon HD 4670. Should do fine at medium settings, and possibly even play at high settings. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127383
    **$80 + shipping**

6. ...also becareful with what you pick as a video card, unless you upgraded the 300W powersupply.

7. my advice is look on ur local craigslist they r selling for 40 bucks on there and make sure u know what type u need like mine is a PCIin one and a AGPin the other u should have like a pci pci-e agp and ir should be ddr or ddr2

8. Not to usefull when it comes to these things, but my boys found out our system has a 2.8gig and the new cod game requires 3. It is slow and to upgrade cost as much as a new computer.

9. ahhh just when I think I got it all figured out, I find that it says min. of a 2.4GHz and mine is a 2.2GHz. Does that mean I'm shot in the foot?

10. Sounds like it,, Game Stop buys USED games or trade for something else.

11. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

The minimum system requirements for cod 4 is windowsxp/vista, at least a 6x dvd-rom drive, pentium 4 2.4 Ghz/ amd64 2800+ and a amd 1.8Ghz dual core processor or better, at least 512MB ram, At least a Geforce 6600 or better ATI radeon 9800 pro or better, and 8 gb disc space. Anything lower will not play the game.

12. 01mercLS

What kind of processor do you have?

13. Dell inspirion 530

Intel core duo e4500 @ 2.2 GHz

Memory: RAM 1 GB

I'm screwed arn't I?

14. 01mercLS

nope you should be good.

15. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

COD doesn't require 3 gigs, don't let it lie to you!

I've got an old 6600GT sitting around here with a very nice cooler on it than ran COD4 great, until I got pissy and got more skilled than the card, and ended up getting a new one for 150.

I'll sell you mine cheap, like 20-30 bucks lol.

yeah, after reading the rest of the thread, you've got plenty to run COD4, but integrated graphics have always been a pile of crap lol.

In response to the guy who said it seems like every new game requires a hardware upgrade; I went 3 years on the same graphics card and it was fine :) if you want all the sexy new eye-candy they come up with, then you need to upgrade. If you wanna play, you don't :p