close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cajun Red

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by mkatts, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Had a friend in Florida suggest I give Cajun Red line a try. Anyone here tried it? What kind of experience have you had with it?

He suggested it to me because I sometime have a hardtime seeing the line against the water to watch it for strikes.

I am just getting into useing lures and getting away from live minnows and worms.

2. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

That line has more memory than any other mono I have ever used. My casting distance was cut in half vs using big game, and the big game has some memory. I use Silver Thread Excaliber on my bass and crappie rods now. Almost zero memory.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Not very good line.

4. I dont like it on any of my reel's but my spinning reel. I give it a 3 out of 10.

5. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Use it on my Flippin' sticks now. Put it to the test at Ky. Lake this spring. No problems. Kinda' funky line but bulletproof so far. You can feel it going thru the eyelets on your pole. Caught an 8lb.channel cat on it and cranked the drag down tight and really leaned on it! It held. I mean I thought the flippin' stick was going to break. :p I fish a gin clear lake so I like the stuff so far.
    Oh yeah, I used some to stitch up the neighbors dogs butt after it got into it with a WIRE FENCE.. :D THE DOG DIDN,T SEEM TO MIND IT! LOL Raider

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  6. thanks for the info!