close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CAG Ohio big fish so far......?

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by RiverRat, Sep 8, 2004.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Hey guys, who holds the big fish in the Ohio cag Fish-Ins so far? Is it still Richie's 20 lber from EH in April?

Scott

2. catking

catking Banned

I believe a few bigger than that were caught. I know some 24-25 pounders were caught at West Branch as I was there. As far as the rest of the outings, I really have no idea........ CATKING

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

King,

No records were made on any larger fish than the 20's at East Harbor. Bill Hodge and Richie Elderidge hold a tie as of right now at 20.

4. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Thanks Shawn, i knew some bigger fish were caught at WB, but was'nt sure if they were counted.
    20 lbs. will certainly be broken at Alum.
    Scott

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i know it will..we will have to see though..

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I sure hope I can make the Alum event, I have not felt a big fish on my line in a long time.

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Scott,

Nobody mentioned anything to me about the fish. It wouldn't of suprised me though. All they needed was a witness and told me that weekend......or have shown me while I was there and it would have counted. :( Bummer.......... And I agree......20 will be broken at Alum ;) You can almost put your $$ on that one. Have to watch out though. We have some Indy guys coming over to get at em :D Guess it's payback from the CAGI in June The Ohio Carp King Plaque will go all the way through until 9:00AM October 17.

8. catking

catking Banned

Why doesn't the 24 pounder caught by shoreboundone's daughter count :confused: It was weighed with CAG members present, was it not??? THE CATKING :)

9. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

You mean Steelhead1? I think Mitch's son was there. Mark's daughter caught a supposed 20+, BUT.......he e'd me and told me it was after 3:30 PM. The Carp King award contest ends at 12:00 Noon on the Sundays.

10. catking

catking Banned

Yep, I meant Mark's daughter and I understand it now ;) Thanks for clearing that up.......Looks like DA KING !!! will be after the 30 pounder at Alum :cool: ....THE CATKING !!!

11. flathunter

I have the weekend of the Alum event off, I will be there saturday..Probably the only time I will get to fish with the king this year..Since he dont like my goat paths anymore!

12. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

the king always seems to be complaining about something! :D

13. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Will be great to see ya again Jack, i'll be there late friday night through sat. night(have to work sunday).
    20 lbs. should be pretty easy to break at Alum, but have'nt seen any 30lbers landed there..biggest was AK's 27 1/2 lber. That was on a night we landed 30 carp. Sad thing is i caught three 20's last night and usually catch one per trip now, BUT not at Alum ck.

Going to be just like last year with a big fish caught at East Harbor and it carrys all the way to Alum .

14. catking

catking Banned

This could be a great way to START the fall fishin season ;) Lookin forward to it guys and gals ;) You all can be witness to the only 30 pounder caught this year at a CAG event :cool: .....I'll be walkin away with the trophy this year as I should have been LAST year, if not for the British Invasion :mad: .DA KING !!!

15. Don't get all excited king , i have a sneaky feeling that there will be a brit at alum again this year ;)

it's gonna be a great event .

16. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I have a sneaky feeling cypry is going to get a PM here soon with an invite to fish with me in 2 weeks ;) I'll drop ya a line Craig. Have a spot for you to try.

17. flathunter

I have to options for the Alum event, which one would be my best bet for catching fish.

Option-1 I could get there after work Friday night, appx Midnight, and fish till daylight.

Option -2 I could get ther Saturday afternoon around 1-pm and fish till dark saturday...What do you guys think?

18. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

NIght bite is best down there ;)

19. crappielooker

well..i think by that time it will be an all day bite..thats just my own opinion.. :)
    jack..given those 2 options..i would go with the first one..simply because its less hectic than daytime fishing, and the fish should be fairly close to the bank..
    again..i will stick with what i originally said, by that time it should be an all day bite..especially a couple hours or 2 after sunrise..cold crisp morning with a hint of dew on the grass.....ahhh..alum creek......... :D

20. crappielooker

heres something to ponder about...i heard of a 35.2 lbs carp caught at alum this past weekend by a bass guy.. i know there are some bigger ones out there..;)