close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CAG/OGF Buckeye Lake Carp In July 9-11

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by tpet96, Jun 19, 2004.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

CAG Ohio-Central Regional Carp In
    Buckeye Lake State Park
    Brooks Park
    Millersport, Ohio
    DATES: 3PM July 9til NOON July 13, 2004

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Check this link for Buckeye Lake Information
    Here's an overhead view to give you an idea of the layout.
    Click This Link for Ohio Fishing Regulations. 3 Day NonResident fishing license is $15, and can be purchased at local bait shops. If you are planning to attend from out of state, drop me an email at tpet96@columbus.rr.com and I'll give you directions to the nearest shop.

Listing of Motels in Area:

Super 8 Motel
    I-70 & State Route 79
    PO Box 10600
    Buckeye Lake , Ohio 43008
    740-929-1015

2- Double Beds for $48.95/night. AAA rate might be a little cheaper. Call and find out for exact rates/deals for that weekend. Let them know you are with CAG, and that we have our annual Video Day in their conference room each February.

A good place to book a room online is at http://www.worldweb.com Just do a search for Buckeye Lake, Ohio. You will get pretty good prices there. You might try http://www.priceline.com for Buckeye Lake, Ohio. Sometimes Priceline gives GREAT rates (like 20 bucks/night...you name your price, and if the accept, you are booked). Only problem with that is if you book, you are stuck with it. No cancelling. At least with WorldWeb you can cancel.

If you're interested in camping, rates are as follows:

KOA Campground- Buckeye Lake

http://www.koa.com/where/morekampgroundinfo/35101rates.htm
    Directions, rates, locations, etc. can be found at the above link. This is the closest campground to Buckeye Lake.

Driving Directions:

From Cleveland, Ohio: I-71S to I-70E. Take Exit 126 off of I-70 and go South towards Lancaster. Then, about 1 mile....you will make a left hand turn on State Route 79 towards Buckeye Lake. Next...at flashing yellow lite...turn right...this road will take you through Millersport. On the other side of Millersport the road will "Y"...take the left fork (Rte. 204). Approximately 1 mile turn left on Beach Road. Just before you get to the end you'll see South Bank Road....turn right and follow the signs to Brooks Park.
    From Columbus, Ohio: I-70E. Take Exit 126 off of I-70 and go South towards Lancaster. Then, about 1 mile....you will make a left hand turn on State Route 79 towards Buckeye Lake. Next...at flashing yellow lite...turn right...this road will take you through Millersport. On the other side of Millersport the road will "Y"...take the left fork (Rte. 204). Approximately 1 mile turn left on Beach Road. Just before you get to the end you'll see South Bank Road....turn right and follow the signs to Brooks Park.
    From Cincinnati, Ohio: I-71N to I-270E. Follow to I-70E. Take Exit 126 off of I-70 and go South towards Lancaster. Then, about 1 mile....you will make a left hand turn on State Route 79 towards Buckeye Lake. Next...at flashing yellow lite...turn right...this road will take you through Millersport. On the other side of Millersport the road will "Y"...take the left fork (Rte. 204). Approximately 1 mile turn left on Beach Road. Just before you get to the end you'll see South Bank Road....turn right and follow the signs to Brooks Park.
    From Toledo, Ohio: Turnpike to I-71S. Follow to I-70E. Take Exit 126 off of I-70 and go South towards Lancaster. Then, about 1 mile....you will make a left hand turn on State Route 79 towards Buckeye Lake. Next...at flashing yellow lite...turn right...this road will take you through Millersport. On the other side of Millersport the road will "Y"...take the left fork (Rte. 204). Approximately 1 mile turn left on Beach Road. Just before you get to the end you'll see South Bank Road....turn right and follow the signs to Brooks Park.
    From Port Clinton, Ohio: Turnpike to I-71S. Follow to I-70E. Take Exit 126 off of I-70 and go South towards Lancaster. Then, about 1 mile....you will make a left hand turn on State Route 79 towards Buckeye Lake. Next...at flashing yellow lite...turn right...this road will take you through Millersport. On the other side of Millersport the road will "Y"...take the left fork (Rte. 204). Approximately 1 mile turn left on Beach Road. Just before you get to the end you'll see South Bank Road....turn right and follow the signs to Brooks Park.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS ON HOW TO GET THERE, GIVE ME A RING ON MY CELL AT 419-512-6644. We will guide you in the rest of the way!

Night fishing is authorized, and brolly type shelters are permitted as long as they are completely open on 1 side. We will be having a bankside cookout on Saturday, so feel free to add to the feast! Let me know via email at tpet96@columbus.rr.com what you would like to bring and I will get you added. This event will be great fun as usual, and looking forward to it!

If you have any questions or are interested in attending please... email me at tpet96@columbus.rr.com or contact me via cellphone at (419) 512-6644. If you can only attend for one day; that's fine.

SEE YOU ON THE BANK....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Back to the top gang!

3. I am 75% sure I'll be there with my kids...

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i'll be there friday..thinking about going to see if i can spot some of bob's pet carp.. :D

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

I'll be there too, going to bring both my boys....hopin for a weekend of ACTION!!!!

Scott

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Be good to see you again Scott! Looks like a full house this weekend :D

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

For those who missed it, CAG Ohio has a new address:

http://www.cagohio.net

Please redirect your links toward that address. Be patient though.....it takes up to 48 hrs for the server to grab the new address. Thanks!

8. prob take 2-3 days before it valid so be patient all...

9. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

I am gonna try to make this one with my boy and girl....need to cacth some...my luck has been the worst lately.

Mitch

10. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

So who else is going...?
    Bill, Mike, Bob..Tim...???

Be nice to have all the "gang" back together like the East Harbor outting.

Scott

11. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Yep, I'll be there friday.

12. Dryer just took a $hit.. Now it is a matter of $$$ if I make it or not... Still going to shoot for Sat even if its just for the day... "SIGH" onething after another...

13. I had planned to be there for the duration, but I'll be lucky to stop by and shoot the bull. :( My boss came out with the new pager schedule and I'll be on call :mad: Oh, and the SOB just put the new schedule out on Wens. And no, it doesn't follow any pattern, so this came out of left field. Last year, I had to work too. But at least then, I knew several weeks in advance and wasn't planning on attending. This time it really sucks. The turd didn't even have the cajones to tell me to my face, just left the new schedule in my mail box at work. I think I'll take that bucket of fermented corn I've got going, drain off some juice, load it in a squirt gun and soak down the carpet in his office! :eek:

I'll stop by at some point and say hi, might even have a simultaneous pager and cell phone breakdown and fish awhile.

"Whaddaya mean youv'e been trying to reach me since yesterday? You better check with the answering service, cause I ain't got one page."

I'm just a LITTLE bent about the whole thing :rolleyes:

14. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Mike,

Hang in there buddy. I had to tell my boss no the other day. That went over about as smoothly as speedbumps on a highway. But....I was left with the choice....and normally I say yes....but that time I said no and she didn't like it too well. LOL. Sometimes they don't realize that life comes first :D

Rest........we are planning on having a cookout. Nobody has chimed in with anything they would like to bring. If I don't see any replies by Wednesday, we won't have one....and just everyone for themselves. Miso_Ohio and a couple other members always spend the money and time to prepare awesome main dishes, so it's only fair to supply side dishes to go along with those.

15. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

I will bring extra wings for a main entree if we don't have anything else. I will make the garlic wings, and then another type I will come up with tonight. I also have a ton of pickled eggs (mmmmmm), and I will prep some egg-bolis (a cross between an egg roll and a stromboli) tonight, I plan on making about 15 or so of those.

Any idea on the amount of people that will be there on Saturday, I may call a couple of my friends and have them show up. Shawn you will need to bring the deep fryer, and ak you may need to bring a light :) I have peanut oil and propane.

By the way I am making plans to make my famous grilled stuffed meatloaf at another cookout (maybe Alum). I use to sell this stuff for $15 a plate (for ground beef) and people would come back 2-3 times a week to get it, suckers ;)

16. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Sean,

What would you like me to add to that? I can do fish, but since you are doing wings.....I could come up with something else. Shoot me an email, and we'll figure something out. There will be plenty of people there, that's for sure. :)

17. I had plans for fishing this saturday, but that is not going to happen anymore. I have not had time to go fishing since may. I might try to do some fishing Friday evening. I will get off of work early that day so I might try to swing but. What time are people planning on being there on Friday?

18. Looks like i won't be able to make it until saturday...and even then might only be able to fish it for the day. I'll bring some sort of side dish...maybe a pasta salad or something, or if you guys have anything you want me to bring i can do that too.

19. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Torch,

I'll be there around 7 on Friday or so. Have to come home and get some sleep friday morning as I work nights.

CW,

Pasta Salad sounds good. :) Lookin forward to seeing everyone out there again!

20. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

ALright gang......looks like the main dishes are covered. I'm going to bring Chips and Dips and some Beans (hope everyone likes them right out of the can :), and perhaps some Mac Salad.