close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CAG Fish tourney on 6-25

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by BigChessie, Jun 19, 2005.

1. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

I was just wondering if any guys from here are gonna be fishing it.

2. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

yep with a guest

3. I sent my money on Friday. A little late with that part, but I am planning to be there.

Marc

4. Still undecided...Bambi and I might fish it but it depends on whether or not something else comes up.

5. BigChessie

Cool Looking forward to meeting you guys (Some again,others for the first, lol)

6. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i'll go and put some bait in the water at both places thruout this week.. see you fellers here ..
    anyone going to fish friday afternoon or sunday?

7. I am planning on fishing sunday. I was also going to fish on friday, but I forgot that friday is my wedding aniversary. So it looks like Saturday and Sunday only for me.

8. steelhead1

steelhead1 Pikie Bay

Can't make it. Spending weekend with wife.

Good luck ya'll!!

9. Me either .. Was going to call you Mark but lost your number...
    PM it to me again THANKS

10. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Well? What's the results? I bet you guys roasted worse than we did.

11. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

It was a scorcher but we had quite a few people out there roasting away all day to compete. Some of us went out for a good part of yesterday as well so lets just say we are kind of wipped. I am guessing Shawn will be writing a review of it soon and be posting it. I think it is best to wait for that, I will post a link to it when he does since I don't think he will post it here.

I will say we all thought we had the new record for attendance at any CAGI ever in the bag, but one state went on a massive advertising campaign and beat us out. I guess we need to figure out what they did to drum up some more interest. Don't know when Ohio will get a CAGI again though, they like to keep them moving around.

12. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

How about everyone posting there individual results.

I only managed one fish which came right before the conclusion of the tournament. It was Ak's humpback carp and it lost several pounds from spawning. She weighed in at 18.5lbs, down from 23+. I had fun in the sun netting and weighing Craig's fish all day.

Craig, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the unedited pictures. I'm going to post them here after cropping.

13. BigChessie

I blanked but my boy did manage a 7.5 lber, of course he was standing up on the Town street bridge walking to the porta john. lol So I did the hook set and the catching and he got the credit. He received a awesome carp pole for his effort, after we got home we pulled it out to look at it. 12 ' and all he could say was, "Holy crap look how big this thing is" lol I'm trying to figure out how I can get me one so I can keep up with him. lol

14. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I think the pole is a black phantom which are the most reasonably priced ($20-30) rods that West side Tackle sells in Indy.

How about bait and chum reports too. Just wondering if there was a trend yesterday. I know the secret to Craig's success is his accuracy with both hookbait and spod. I really need to work on that.

I used various flavors of sweetcorn that I prepared with superior flavoring, and I chummed with sweet corn and ground up maize (also used as a method mix/packbait).

15. Miso_Ohio

I managed 5 fish, the heaviest was a little under 12, the smallest was a high 7 and the other 3 where in the mid 8 to mid 9 range. I had a really nice one on at one point but had a little backlash on the reel and the line hooked itself on the clip off. The drag ran until it hit the clip off, I think everybody thought my rod had busted by the sound of the line snapping. I guess that is what I get for using chea Ebay baitrunners :)

That river can get snaggy when it is low, had a lot of pull offs and snags on Saturday as I am sure everbody else did too, everybody around me was making fun of me, saying I was losing my carping skillz.

As far as bait, I had a field corn mixture I was using, it was too wet to pack so I used it method ball style around the weight. I was casting right over a fallen tree that was a pain. I was using one pop up corn and one piece of field corn. Between Saturday and Sunday at Alum I am as red as a beet all in all a great time this weekend.

I know what you mean about Craigs casting skills, very impressive he seems to hit the same spot over and over again. I guess I need to start hitting the football fields and practicing, either that or stop drinking quite as much on the bank.

16. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

lol.. miso..i remember that monster that u lost .. maan, it doubled yer pole over..
    i'm just glad that the fish cooperate for us.. or i would have been skinned to death..LOL
    i didn't fish but had a great time seeing my friends that i haven't seen in a loong time.. it was a bonus that i get a chance at milking humpback for her eggs too..that top off my weekend.. thanks tim for hookin her again.. she's always a beauty on the bank thats for sure.. and that's the 3rd time she's been caught too.. :)

17. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

How about posting some pictures?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I stopped by towards the end with my friends after fishing farther north than you guys in the boat. Looked like a real fun time, who do I talk to to get involved? Thanks.

19. Miso_Ohio

Mushijobah,

We saw you guys fishing, I was in the group up by the railroad bridge by the new park. Hope you did well, and yes you guessed it this type of fishing events are a blast. Normally someone goes to one and they get pretty much hooked on them. To find out more about them go to www.cagohio.net , there will be a list of all of our statewide events. There will also be contact phone numbers and emails to get a hold of people, also keep an eye on this section because we get together quite a bit to fish. This can be a very social way to fish or it can be an all out war trying to out smart everybody else, either way we all have a good time.

Another good site is the national website at www.carpanglersgroup.com , there is a nice forum there on carp fishing. Don't get discouraged by all of the high tech talk and so forth, there are a lot of guys who still just use doughballs or sweet corn on a hook to catch a lot of fish. But it is fun to see all of the cool toys everybody uses and then come up with some of your own. Hope to see you on the banks soon.

20. Nice to see you guys caught some fish. I thought you might have some trouble seeing how hot it has been. I haven't been out much lately due to starting a new job but the fish I have been catching when I go out have been coming at night. I think alot of them, atleast the bigger ones have gone to a night bite because of the heat. Well good job on the event it sounds like you had a good turn out. Cya out there.

Jake