close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CAG Dillon Lake Carp-IN Aug 13-15, 2004 Information

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by tpet96, Jul 25, 2004.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

CAG Ohio-Southeastern Regional
    Dillon Lake State Park
    Zanesville, Ohio

DATES: 3PM Aug 13 til' 12:00 Noon Aug 15. (Note: Most leave on Saturday evening, so if you plan to show up Sunday morning, feel free to call me on my cellphone at 419-512-6644 to see who all will still be fishing).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Check this link for Dillon Lake Information
    Here's an overhead view to give you an idea of the layout.
    Click This Link for Ohio Fishing Regulations. 3 Day NonResident fishing license is $15, and can be purchased at local bait shops. If you are planning to attend from out of state, drop me an email at tpet96@columbus.rr.com and I'll give you directions to the nearest shop.

Motels in the Area:

A good place to book a room online is at http://www.worldweb.com Just do a search for Zanesville, Ohio. You will get pretty good prices there. You might try http://www.priceline.com for Zanesville, Ohio. Sometimes Priceline gives GREAT rates (like 20 bucks/night...you name your price, and if the accept, you are booked). Only problem with that is if you book, you are stuck with it. No cancelling. At least with WorldWeb you can cancel.

If you're interested in camping, info. is as follows:

Camping is available at the State Park. For camping rates and reservations, visit:

http://www.ohio.reserveworld.com/OspRedirect.aspx?p=R&i=12

The Dillon State Park camp office telephone is (740) 452-1083

Driving Directions:

We will be fishing in the Beach Area of Dillon. There is a peninsula to the left (SE) of the beach that we will be fishing. This is at the Main park entrance off of SR 146. You can't miss it, just follow the signs. These directions will put you near the lake, just follow the signs from there. They are on the typical State Park signs. Follow the signs to Beach area. The address for the state park office for those interested is:

Dillon State Park
    5265 Dillon Hills Drive
    Nashport, OH 43830-9568
    Park Office (740) 453-4377

From Cleveland, Ohio: I-77S to I-70W. FROM 70 WEST IN ZANESVILLE TAKE THE STATE STREET EXIT (SR 146 West exit) AT THE LIGHT TURN RIGHT, GO TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT, THAT IS SR 146 WEST, GO 7 MILES TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT. THIS IS TOWNSHIP ROAD 47, CLAY LITTICK RD. THIS WILL TAKE YOU INTO THE MAIN PARK ENTRANCE. THE BEACH IS ALMOST STRAIGHT AHEAD. YOU CANNOT MISS THE FAUCILITIES.
    From Columbus, Ohio: I-70E. FROM 70 EAST IN ZANESVILLE TAKE THE STATE STREET EXIT (SR 146 West exit) AT THE LIGHT TURN LEFT (West), GO TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT, THAT IS SR 146 WEST, GO 7 MILES TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT. THIS IS TOWNSHIP ROAD 47, CLAY LITTICK RD. THIS WILL TAKE YOU INTO THE MAIN PARK ENTRANCE. THE BEACH IS ALMOST STRAIGHT AHEAD. YOU CANNOT MISS THE FAUCILITIES.
    From Cincinnati, Ohio: I-71N to I-270E (Toward Wheeling) to I-70E. FROM 70 EAST IN ZANESVILLE TAKE THE STATE STREET EXIT (SR 146 West exit) AT THE LIGHT TURN LEFT, GO TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT, THAT IS SR 146 WEST, GO 7 MILES TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT. THIS IS TOWNSHIP ROAD 47, CLAY LITTICK RD. THIS WILL TAKE YOU INTO THE MAIN PARK ENTRANCE. THE BEACH IS ALMOST STRAIGHT AHEAD. YOU CANNOT MISS THE FACILITIES.
    From Toledo, Ohio: SR-2E to US-250S. 250S to I-71S. Follow I-71S to SR 13S. Follow 13S to SR 16E. Follow 16E to 146E. TURN RIGHT ON TO TOWNSHIP ROAD 47, CLAY LITTICK ROAD. THIS WILL TAKE YOU INTO THE MAIN PARK ENTRANCE. THE BEACH IS ALMOST STRAIGHT AHEAD. YOU CANNOT MISS THE FACILITIES.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS ON HOW TO GET THERE, GIVE ME A RING ON MY CELL AT 419-512-6644. We will guide you in the rest of the way!

Night fishing is authorized, and brolly type shelters are permitted as long as they are completely open on 1 side. There were a ton of fish in this area as of Saturday, July 24. This was high sun/midday and fish from 2lbs through 10lbs visually spotted.

If you have any questions or are interested in attending please... email me at tpet96@columbus.rr.com or contact me via cellphone at (419) 512-6644. If you can only attend for one day; that's fine.

SEE YOU ON THE BANK....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Back to the top gang! Who all is going to make it this time?

3. So far looks like I am coming down...
    If I can work I'll work need the $$...
    Not sure if late friday eve or early sat morn...
    Be nice if someone brought some extra euro gear I could try out ;) :D
    The poles I have will have everyone else pulling theirs out for fear of getting tangled since the fish control where their going not me :eek:
    (hate to have Ak calling me a "paylaker")

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Bring em down Clyde. I should have an extra set if you would like to try out, but still encourage you to bring your gear as well :)

5. oh yea I'll bring mine too...
    Its mostly older bass fishing gear that works fine for me for now...

6. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Looking forward to it guys and gals...see y'all there. :)

7. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Forgot to mention....I've got a full plate on friday...chores at daughters to do and paylake presentation prep (extra packing and baits)....won't be there til really late friday night....or very early saturday morning. Looking forward to it.

8. I'll be there Friday evening at the latest.

9. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

See you then Mike. Bring me that CD ;) I'm using the picture as my desktop pic :D

10. catking

catking Banned

Looks as if DA KING !!! will probably make this drive. It's not that far, and I need to get that 30 pounder under my belt :cool: Who else is heading there??? THE CATKING !!! :cool:

11. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

DA KING will be treated like royalty at this event :D

12. catking

catking Banned

How are you guys handling the food? Everybody for themselves or side dishes? And YES, I will be bringing poles, and I may even use them :eek: .DA KING !!!

13. Have fun all...
    I have to work now...

14. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Everyone for them selves King. LOL. I'm just now leaving. LOL. Imagine that.....me way late for a function. Oh well ...................... :)

15. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i am on my way in a few guys...see you there!!!..i maybe in rough shape however..LOL..

16. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Good luck everybody, take plenty of pictures of Kings fishes

17. catking

catking Banned

DA KING is still in Cincinnati..........Probably will be :mad: ........

18. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Da King didn't show up :( But......you missed a F U N event this time around :D Man.....I"m beat. LOL.

19. catking

catking Banned

Got the call to get my truck into the shop to begin repairs since being hit by an 18 wheeler. They didn't even take it. :mad: Told them thanks a bunch......... Heard it was a good event ;) DA KING !!!

20. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I want results... Results I say...

How did it go up there? I haven't been fishing in a while so I my vicarious fix.