Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
CAG Ohio-Southeastern Regional
Dillon Lake State Park
Zanesville, Ohio

DATES: 3PM Aug 13 til' 12:00 Noon Aug 15. (Note: Most leave on Saturday evening, so if you plan to show up Sunday morning, feel free to call me on my cellphone at 419-512-6644 to see who all will still be fishing).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Check this link for Dillon Lake Information
Here's an overhead view to give you an idea of the layout.
Click This Link for Ohio Fishing Regulations. 3 Day NonResident fishing license is $15, and can be purchased at local bait shops. If you are planning to attend from out of state, drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll give you directions to the nearest shop.

Motels in the Area:

A good place to book a room online is at http://www.worldweb.com Just do a search for Zanesville, Ohio. You will get pretty good prices there. You might try http://www.priceline.com for Zanesville, Ohio. Sometimes Priceline gives GREAT rates (like 20 bucks/night...you name your price, and if the accept, you are booked). Only problem with that is if you book, you are stuck with it. No cancelling. At least with WorldWeb you can cancel.

If you're interested in camping, info. is as follows:

Camping is available at the State Park. For camping rates and reservations, visit:

http://www.ohio.reserveworld.com/OspRedirect.aspx?p=R&i=12

The Dillon State Park camp office telephone is (740) 452-1083

Driving Directions:

We will be fishing in the Beach Area of Dillon. There is a peninsula to the left (SE) of the beach that we will be fishing. This is at the Main park entrance off of SR 146. You can't miss it, just follow the signs. These directions will put you near the lake, just follow the signs from there. They are on the typical State Park signs. Follow the signs to Beach area. The address for the state park office for those interested is:

Dillon State Park
5265 Dillon Hills Drive
Nashport, OH 43830-9568
Park Office (740) 453-4377

From Cleveland, Ohio: I-77S to I-70W. FROM 70 WEST IN ZANESVILLE TAKE THE STATE STREET EXIT (SR 146 West exit) AT THE LIGHT TURN RIGHT, GO TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT, THAT IS SR 146 WEST, GO 7 MILES TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT. THIS IS TOWNSHIP ROAD 47, CLAY LITTICK RD. THIS WILL TAKE YOU INTO THE MAIN PARK ENTRANCE. THE BEACH IS ALMOST STRAIGHT AHEAD. YOU CANNOT MISS THE FAUCILITIES.
From Columbus, Ohio: I-70E. FROM 70 EAST IN ZANESVILLE TAKE THE STATE STREET EXIT (SR 146 West exit) AT THE LIGHT TURN LEFT (West), GO TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT, THAT IS SR 146 WEST, GO 7 MILES TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT. THIS IS TOWNSHIP ROAD 47, CLAY LITTICK RD. THIS WILL TAKE YOU INTO THE MAIN PARK ENTRANCE. THE BEACH IS ALMOST STRAIGHT AHEAD. YOU CANNOT MISS THE FAUCILITIES.
From Cincinnati, Ohio: I-71N to I-270E (Toward Wheeling) to I-70E. FROM 70 EAST IN ZANESVILLE TAKE THE STATE STREET EXIT (SR 146 West exit) AT THE LIGHT TURN LEFT, GO TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT, THAT IS SR 146 WEST, GO 7 MILES TO SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT TURN LEFT. THIS IS TOWNSHIP ROAD 47, CLAY LITTICK RD. THIS WILL TAKE YOU INTO THE MAIN PARK ENTRANCE. THE BEACH IS ALMOST STRAIGHT AHEAD. YOU CANNOT MISS THE FACILITIES.
From Toledo, Ohio: SR-2E to US-250S. 250S to I-71S. Follow I-71S to SR 13S. Follow 13S to SR 16E. Follow 16E to 146E. TURN RIGHT ON TO TOWNSHIP ROAD 47, CLAY LITTICK ROAD. THIS WILL TAKE YOU INTO THE MAIN PARK ENTRANCE. THE BEACH IS ALMOST STRAIGHT AHEAD. YOU CANNOT MISS THE FACILITIES.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS ON HOW TO GET THERE, GIVE ME A RING ON MY CELL AT 419-512-6644. We will guide you in the rest of the way!

Night fishing is authorized, and brolly type shelters are permitted as long as they are completely open on 1 side. There were a ton of fish in this area as of Saturday, July 24. This was high sun/midday and fish from 2lbs through 10lbs visually spotted.

If you have any questions or are interested in attending please... email me at [email protected] or contact me via cellphone at (419) 512-6644. If you can only attend for one day; that's fine.

SEE YOU ON THE BANK....

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
So far looks like I am coming down...
If I can work I'll work need the $$...
Not sure if late friday eve or early sat morn...
Be nice if someone brought some extra euro gear I could try out ;) :D
The poles I have will have everyone else pulling theirs out for fear of getting tangled since the fish control where their going not me :eek:
(hate to have Ak calling me a "paylaker")

·
rrbski, The Happy Carper
504 Posts
Looking forward to it guys and gals...see y'all there. :)

·
rrbski, The Happy Carper
504 Posts
Forgot to mention....I've got a full plate on friday...chores at daughters to do and paylake presentation prep (extra packing and baits)....won't be there til really late friday night....or very early saturday morning. Looking forward to it.

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
Looks as if DA KING !!! will probably make this drive. It's not that far, and I need to get that 30 pounder under my belt :cool: Who else is heading there??? THE CATKING !!! :cool:

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
How are you guys handling the food? Everybody for themselves or side dishes? And YES, I will be bringing poles, and I may even use them :eek: .DA KING !!!

·
The Corn Chucker
3,852 Posts
i am on my way in a few guys...see you there!!!..i maybe in rough shape however..LOL..

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
Got the call to get my truck into the shop to begin repairs since being hit by an 18 wheeler. They didn't even take it. :mad: Told them thanks a bunch......... Heard it was a good event ;) DA KING !!!

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
I want results... Results I say...

How did it go up there? I haven't been fishing in a while so I my vicarious fix.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts