close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Caesars Creek

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by AEFISHING, May 28, 2004.

1. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

Heading to Caesars on Monday morning. I have a 14 ft boat with a 25 hp motor. Nothing special but gets the job done. My two normal fishing partners can't make it. Anyone interested in showing my the ropes on how to catch crappie at Caesars? I have only fished the lake a few times and don't know much about it. No cost to you and you can have any crappies we catch.

2. Hiram

Hiram

You should try the coves for crappie. It's a deep lake, and the fish seem to know it. Don't be afraid to fish deep. Most of the crappies I get there are 15 to 18 feet deep.

3. Fins

Fins

I was there from 2pm to 9pm Sat. We did not get any crappie, but the saugeye were on the bite. I pulled up the biggest saugeye I ever caught, and lost it as I tried to get it in the boat. :mad:

The boat traffic was crazy, and the rangers were checking a lot of boats for fishing license and limits. The rangers told us the lake level was 5-6 feet above summer pool level. The water was muddy.

Talk to taxiecab. He seems to know the crappie pattern at CC.

Good luck

4. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

I sent taxi cab an e-mail a few weeks ago but didn't get a response. I guess he doesn't want to disclose his secrets which I understand.

5. A227986 I am sorrry but I did not receive any e mails from you or I would have responded to it. I don't show any privite messages on here either.

If your ??? were on the crappie bite at C C I have not been there since may the 20th and there was a post posted by my fishing partner for that day on here. It is now in the past post and not shown with the newer posts.

I have always tried to help any one who has asked for it and am not afraid of giving any secrets away. the last trip to C C for crappie we were taking them on bobbers set at from 4'to6' on minnows and they were in holding patterns in the 12 to 15 ft of water. This information is now too old to be of any use now. I will be back on the C C lake as soon as the water levle drops back to summer pool and clears up. righ now the last state report says the lake is 3'8"above summer pool. this would take all of the boat docks out of use and make putting your boat in a little tougher.

I am sorry about your e mail but can only say I never got it. I will be glad to help you any time. The next trip out to C C i will make a post that same night I get back. My best guess now would be that the crappie are done with thier spawn and are moving back to the deeper waters. There is a slight chance that there may be some who will try to spawn in the full moon due this week. This is the time of the year I switch from crappie to the eyes as they will start to move up on the humps and flats to feed now.

6. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

Thanks for the info. Taxicab.
    I made the trip on Sunday and it was an adventure. I was able to put in at the boat ramp off of 73. The water was way up. The other boat ramp I was going to put in at was under water. I was able to catch a few crappie but nothing with size. I found clear water on one side of the lake and that is where they were biting. It was kind of nice that the lake wasn't so packed. Maybe the water should be up everytime I go to this Lake.