Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Last Don
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a dead battery (second week in a row of that) we put in at North Shore and had a good day. Managed 13 LM from just about all over, top of lake, on the rocks at the bridge and up in the cove by the dam only 2 were of size but still fun. Since the sun was beating down pretty good we headed to some shade in a cove and threw out the minnows, my buddy ended up with 5 keeper crappies and I was vertical jigging a chartruse power grub tipped with a minnow and caught 7 saugeyes and 2 yellow perch. Who knew yellow perch were in Ceasars Creek? All in all a great day, perfect weather and a mixed bag.

Now on to the bait I was using for the LM. Has anyone used Lazer Lures? By far the best crank I have used. I was at the Dixie Marine seminars this winter and after one of the sessions I went up to the "pro" and said what is a bait you wouldn't leave the house with and he walked right up to this crank and said "this bait will out fish every bait on the shelf 10 to 1. Now, I saw the $20.00 price on this thing and said to myself NO WAY!!! Well somehow he talked me into it and I busted it out yesterday for the first time and WOW what a crazy bait, the life like movement and the detail of the paint job. Now I usually don't rant about stuff like this and I am not pusing this bait at all, but I have never in all my time fishing CC have I ever caught this many bass in one day. I mean we are talking the dead sea right? Well at days end I had landed 11 fish and he had 2 and he was using a bomber that was very similar in color!! By far the best $20 I have spent on fishing tackle (at least for one day)!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts