close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cabins in on a lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by chrisoneal, Aug 9, 2007.

1. chrisoneal

chrisoneal Catching Them Hog Cat's

well i dont know were to post this at but i thought here. but im looking for a good place to stay at this weekend. There will be 4 of us and i want to be by some kinda lake to fish. Were going to for a buddy's Bday. Do you guys know of some places around southwest and central ohio that would be a good place to stay. let me know if you.

2. The other place I would suggest would be Salt Fork but it may be a little far for you. Also might be tough to get a cabin on such short notice. I have heard the lake is still down quite a bit but we used to go there for a week every summer and I loved it there when I was a kid.

3. chrisoneal

gettin there do you know if you have to be 21 to get a cabin at any of those lake you suggested.

4. Have no idea, but my 2 cents worth are if you are old enough to go fight and die in the military then you should be old enough to rent a cabin. Look through the web site I provided, if it does not state an age limit I wouldn't think there would be one. If you are still concerned, give the state park a call. Good luck, be safe, have fun.

5. see about the cabin at kiser lake

6. chrisoneal

do you know if there is more then one there.

7. Salt Fork is a good place, but a pretty far drive from the southwest. I'd bet they are all booked up, too. Hueston Woods(Acton Lake) is a pretty good fishing spot, and not too far. Also Buck Creek SP(CJ Brown) has real nice cabins, but I haven't had the best luck fishing there. Check out the dnr's web site (www.dnr.state.oh.us). They have maps of all the parks and reservations/availability of cabins. I rented campsites when I was eighteen, I figure cabins should be the same way.
    Good Luck.
    Dan

8. chrisoneal

well im 19 and i can rent campgrounds but most of the places that iv called KOA. Houston woods. and some other places want you to be 21 witch is bull. Im going to keep looking. If it was up to me i would stay in a tent. But the ladies dont like that idea to much.