Cabin Fever

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mike_13, Feb 5, 2009.

1. I do not have class tomorrow (Feb 6) and have the itch REALLY bad to get out fishing. I was curious if anyone has any suggestions as to where to try to wet a line. I do not generally ice fish, however i would give it a try if that's my only option. Places I have in mind are Burr Oak Spillway, Lake Logan Spillway, White's Mill, or possibly trying to ice fish at Lake Snowden. Any suggestions as to what might be my best bet are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. I'd say Whites Mill or Ice fish snowden. Burr oak spillway probably doesn't have much water in it and Logan spillway is a waste of time. Me and Riverking have spent hours there with maybe a crappie and a rockbass to show for it. At the mill wade out to the island and fish slow with jigs.

3. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

i know the Tusc River had alot of open water in the New Philly area for guys in that area ......you may be able to hook into some saugeyes or pike up there !!!

4. Funny you should mention that. I went out yesterday and tried to fish the Tusc at the park next to the water treatment plant in New Philly. The river seems really shallow there and is full of fallen trees and branches. Do you know any good access spots in the New Philly area? I have fished at the Old Zoar bridge with no luck, and Dover Dam with no luck. I really don't know what I'm doing or what I'm fishing for though. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
    :S