close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cabin fever has gotten the best of OGF?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Minor, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Minor

Minor Wannabe Fisherman

I know that I find myself caught up in the political / controversial topics that have been up as of late. I can't wait till spring finally hits and all of us can worry more about having time to post pics of spring catches rather than voicing our opinions on issues that we all have opinions on . . . after the last couple of months of debate on certain issues . . . I find myself wishing that we all had great fish stories to tell . . . .Believe me . . .I AM OPINIONATED . . . .actually had a post deleted last week . . . thank you to the mods for looking over such a great site . . . .hate to see that stuff here. . . .but I think cabin fever has taken its toll on us all . .. . (and I apologize to anyone I may have offended) . . .

. . . insert fish story . . .

One day last summer while fishing I actually had a fish return a lure to the boat that i broke off . . .. OK . .. say no way . . .:) . . . YUP. . . .being the overly excitable poor angler I am . . .I got that notorious bump . . .and did the power hookset on 6# test and broke my line . . . . of course I used a few choice words. . . grabbed my can of skoal . . . tossed the rod to the floor . . . grabbed my cup of coffee . . . .and to my surprise . . . found a fish swimming to the boat with lure in mouth . . . .after a moment of shock . . .grabbed the net and netted it . . . It was a lunker . . . . must have weighed at least 8oz. . . .crappie with hot n tot in mouth . . . line still attached. . . . Needless to say . . . My dad shaking his head in disbelief, still to this day . . . .can't beleive that I got that lure back . . . . no worries. . .set that crappie free to return a lure again one day . . .:) . ..

Insert your fish story next. . .:) . . ..

Here's hoping everyone can get a line wet in the next month . . . .(With mother nature in my corner . . . I'll be getting a little water on the hull this weekend. . . :)

. . . trying to think of a good luck fishing phrase. . . . (pause) . . .heck . . let's go with "Break a fin" . . .LOL . . . look for the tall (half crazy) guy running up and down saltfork . . . and he'll be smiling just because he's on the water . ..:)

2. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Great post Minor, and so true. We all seem to start going a little "stir crazy" as winter drags on. ;)

...and good story. :D

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

I can tell you from experience, that it happens EVERY single winter.....and it will happen again next winter, just remember it should all be in fun.....and pray for a nice warm dry spring weather..hehehe.

Scott

4. Great post man. I guess it cabin fever does get the best of us all sometimes.

Great story too. I think I remember hearing something about ODNR and the AKC joining together to make a new hybrid. Very expensive from what I have found. They took the best qualities of a good tasting panfish, good fighting game fish, a loyal companion dog, and a good water retriever. Wow what a combo! I hear they are rare and expesive though.
    What lake was that again? I think it would be worth the drive to catch one of these and keep it as a pet. Take it fishing with you all the time. Hmm.. the possibilities.

5. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

Now everybody quit whining and get out there and fish. I bought my license,took my Grandson fishing Yesterday and had a great time watching him and a lot of other people catching trout. No I didn't fish myself. I was too busy playing net boy for the 6Yr. old. :) :)

6. What skipjack said :) Went fishing with my grandson also yesterday,I did fish but ended up being net boy also :)

7. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I prayed last year for a dry spring and Berlin rose 10 feet in 2 days and it crested on the day I had a tournament there.. not fun at all :rolleyes:

hope it doesn't happen again this year

8. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

LOL Procraft. Last year was a cold wet spring. I remember the 2nd day of regionals almost every boat was trailered by 11 am it was so bad.

As far as fish stories, I had a similar instance with a fish giving me a lure. A couple years ago at West Branch I caught a Muskie that had three lures in her mouth. I was thankfull for the free $15 in lures and let her go to steal lures from others again.

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

sounds like a hungry muskie...or atleast on that won't learn.