Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i live here in CBUS. Is it worth the drive to check out cabelas in mich? I always wanted to go there but never had a chance. And yes i will probably buy something. Maybe a few things ;) So is it worth the 3 hour drive?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I've been there once, and plan to go back here in the next few months, there is one in Wheeling, but I doubt it can compare to the one up in Michigan.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
Nice store but with the price of gas I would go mail order.
NO DOUBT! I would rather mail order and save gas money.

I've been to both of the stores. The MI store is a little bit bigger but the one is Wheeling is a lot closer. It's been a while since I've been to the MI store so I do not know what improvements have been made. The Wheeling store has a Walmart, Target and several places to eat at. They are also building a water-park nearby soon. If you go to WV, take a drive through Oglebay Park. You will see a lot of deer there. They also have a nice golf course if you golf.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
If your just goin to get some lures than no its not worth the drive. BUT!! it is well worth the drive for the experience! I spend all day in there checking out all of the gear in there. They have some cool meal items in the food court and the bargin cave has a ton of odds and ends. I would go at least once. It is a fun day.

·
Multi-Species Fanatic
1,814 Posts
I would say yes. As far as the shopping - thats just one part of the whole store experience. If you just need a particular item I'd say grab the catalog.

The store is filled with thousands of replica mounts, a very nice aquarium area, nice trout stream running through the store, 'cafeteria' featuring wild game, and quite a bit more. When you get done there, head over to the River Raisin, also in Dundee, Mi. and do some fishing... I catch northerns and smallies just casting from shore.

Overall, I'd say it makes for a fun day.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
My wife, son, (now daughter too) and I try to make it there at least 2 times a year - the one in Wheeling. It's only an hour from our camper at Salt Fork and makes for an excellent rainy day outing!

My son LOVED the aquarium - seeing all the fish swimming around, his eyes got the size of saucers and he kept going "OOOHHHH".......he was 1 1/2 last summer. I can't wait to take him this summer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts