close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cabela's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 02SpcGhst, May 20, 2007.

1. So i live here in CBUS. Is it worth the drive to check out cabelas in mich? I always wanted to go there but never had a chance. And yes i will probably buy something. Maybe a few things ;) So is it worth the 3 hour drive?

2. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Nice store but with the price of gas I would go mail order.

3. Yes, I've been there once, and plan to go back here in the next few months, there is one in Wheeling, but I doubt it can compare to the one up in Michigan.

4. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

NO DOUBT! I would rather mail order and save gas money.

I've been to both of the stores. The MI store is a little bit bigger but the one is Wheeling is a lot closer. It's been a while since I've been to the MI store so I do not know what improvements have been made. The Wheeling store has a Walmart, Target and several places to eat at. They are also building a water-park nearby soon. If you go to WV, take a drive through Oglebay Park. You will see a lot of deer there. They also have a nice golf course if you golf.

5. If your just goin to get some lures than no its not worth the drive. BUT!! it is well worth the drive for the experience! I spend all day in there checking out all of the gear in there. They have some cool meal items in the food court and the bargin cave has a ton of odds and ends. I would go at least once. It is a fun day.

6. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

I would say yes. As far as the shopping - thats just one part of the whole store experience. If you just need a particular item I'd say grab the catalog.

The store is filled with thousands of replica mounts, a very nice aquarium area, nice trout stream running through the store, 'cafeteria' featuring wild game, and quite a bit more. When you get done there, head over to the River Raisin, also in Dundee, Mi. and do some fishing... I catch northerns and smallies just casting from shore.

Overall, I'd say it makes for a fun day.

7. My wife, son, (now daughter too) and I try to make it there at least 2 times a year - the one in Wheeling. It's only an hour from our camper at Salt Fork and makes for an excellent rainy day outing!

My son LOVED the aquarium - seeing all the fish swimming around, his eyes got the size of saucers and he kept going "OOOHHHH".......he was 1 1/2 last summer. I can't wait to take him this summer!