close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cabelas whupping sticks

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by bulafisherman, Feb 15, 2005.

1. has anyone tryed these rods???

2. I've had one for over a year and its still in great shape. I use it for everything , bass , catfish.

3. BIGG MAN

BIGG MAN JOE

my father use to have one when i was kid :eek: o had a flash back of the good old days :D

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I don't use them, but my brother-in-law loves them.

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I must be the only hater :D I used one once, and thought it was pretty cheap feeling, and extremely soft. This was one that came with a trolling combo.

6. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

i have a 7' med action that i use to troll with, so far no complaints. same rod as an ugly stick...

sowbelly

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

HAHAHA...yours was the one I was talkin about :D

8. For the price you can't go wrong. I caught plenty of steelhead on the 9 foot spinning.......JIM

9. I use 2 of the 9 footers for lead core during tournaments. I'm not crazy about them except for the fact I lose very few fish on them. Very soft rods and lots of work with big fish.

10. I agree with shakedown,

I have held one and I also thought it was cheaply made as well as heavy.

11. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Feels like a cheap glass rod to me- and the Ugly Stiks (which these were compared to) have waaaaaaaaaaaaayy too slow an action for me. I don't like feeling the blank flex all the way into the handle. Fishing with a wet noodle doesn't do anything for me.

On the other hand, glass rods can be great for trolling applications, crankbaits and live bait fishing. I've always felt that I don't care how much the rod costs, if I like it, it is worth whatever. I've had $150 rods that I hated and $30 rods that I loved.

UFM82

12. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

I think I am going to get one for my son, he likes to destroy things at his young age!

13. I am with you, I want to get them for my boys, they are rough on things from time to time. :( :(

14. MOBY

MOBY

Just as good as the Ugly Stik. I use Quantum PTI Spinning reels, and I have an 8ft Med-Heavy on my Quantum PTI 30. Alot cheaper than the ugly stick, and they are just as good. I like them better than the ugly stik.