close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cabelas, wheeling

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sauguy, Sep 18, 2004.

1. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

anyone been there lately? how are the crowds? planning on going sunday.

2. i was there last weekend, wasent to many people.

3. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

went there last friday and i will never be makin the trip back to that store... traffic was light, and there was no crowd.. the problems we encountered were... they didnt have what we were lookin for, and the service was slower then molasses.

sowbelly

4. JBJ

JBJ

Give them a little time gents. We are talking about a brand new store and they we be working out the bugs for a while. I would imagine that many of the management team have been transplanted and they haven't had enough time to mesh with the newly hired local staff. They'll get it together and it promises to be good store.
    Just think about how it takes time for all of us to get used to new jobs and/or moving to a new home. First you have to figure out where to put everything and then remember where the heck you DID put it when you need it. What an adventure...

5. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

went today, had a good time, alot to see. over the pa system they were apologizing for the lack of help in some depts. they said it was cause alot of their help had trouble getting through because of the severe flooding in wheeling. as we drove by wheeling island on I-70, the exits were blocked by police and national guard. most of the streets in the area were flooded. tough times ahead for those people. went a little farther east on I-70 to washington Pa. there is a gander mtn there that is huge. about the size of a k-mart. alot of stuff there. if you go to cabelas go a little farther and check it out.

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I've had nothing but good experiences at the Cabelas. They helped me pick out a great scope for my .22. They helpe dus find clothes in the right sizes. They were very helpful in pointing us in the right direction. What you got was the exception - not the rule.

As for the Gander Mountain over in Washington - that store rocks too! It was opened about a year or so before Cabelas and they usually have what I am looking for. They have about the best shotgun selection I have seen there - both new and used. In Penn. youdon't pay for sales tax on clothes, so those expensive camos, boots and other clothing items you can save a bunch on. Give it a look see!

My In-laws live very close to both stores, so I always visit them when I can!