close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cabela's Wheeling WV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lundy, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I got an opportunity to walk through the new Cabela's last Thursday. I believe the store actually opens in early August, but it already looks to be about 99% complete and at least 80% stocked with mechandise.

It is once again a beautiful Cabela's store. This store has an area that the Dundee MI store does not have. It has a whitetail museum that is AWESOME! There are around 150-200 heads and full body mounts on display. many, many, famous bucks are there on display.This is the nicesest museum and display that I've ever seen.

If you hunt deer, the museum alone makes the trip to this new Cabela's worthwhile.

Kim

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Looks like an August trip is in store. Hey, you could take me for my birthday :D

3. Sounds good. I grew up about 50 minutes from Wheeling and can't wait to get down that way to check it out.

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i read somewhere that they will be opening on Aug.12..but i could be wrong..

5. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Contractor appreciation sale night is Aug 9th, so you date sounds right AK

6. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I'm heading down openin' day (aug 12th) cant wait!!

7. I'll wait until the 17th or 18th, after the initial rush but before the formal grand opening. Of course, it will probably be packed on those days, too!

Scott

8. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I am going to the 12 grand opening. In-laws live less than 5 miles away. I can't wait! That area REALLY needed that.

9. I'm thinking about going down on the 14th and then heading over to the race track and gamble away the money I don't spend at Cabela's. It should be a good trip. :rolleyes: