close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cabelas or BPS

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by GirlwithEnergy, May 31, 2005.

1. GirlwithEnergy

GirlwithEnergy Banned

Which is the better drive and better place to see, Bass pro in Cincinatti, or Cabelas in Wheeling. I have seen both, but my grandfather thinks they are both the same. What do you guys prefer? Who has better deals. BPS seems to have things a few dollars cheaper. I could care less either way, but he has always wanted to see one of these places, and now hes torn up over which one he wants to see! Keep in mind I have to drive my grandma, and grandpa both in their old beater van, and listen to them caht all the way down and all the way back. Someone save me!!!! :C :D

2. I have always preferred BPS but thats just my opinion. I see it as more of a fishing superstore with other outdoor gear, and Cabela's as a hunting superstore with other outdoor gear. They have similar prices, just a different inventory of gear. I know that 99% of the time, I can go to BPS and find exactly what I want, fishingwise. Thats probably true about 75% of the time at Cabela's. I'm lucky though. I live one exit east of BPS in Cincinnati, and my folks live 30 minutes from Cabela's in Wheeling. I almost always get cool presents.

Eric

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I feel the same as Warpath. The only thing I have to add is that Cabela's service is a lot better than BPS when it comes to mail order and any problems you may have.

4. Cabela's is the nicer place to visit. I have been to both and Bass Pro Shop in Cincinatti did not impress me very much. Cabela's has a better aquarium display and they also have a nice whitetail exhibit as well as a African exhibit. Bass Pro does not. Cabela's is a fun place for everyone to visit, because it has something for everyone, including a restaurant where you can try exotic meats. :)

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have never been to cabelas, but I sure like bass pro in cincinnati.

6. BuckeyeAngler

BuckeyeAngler Love to be on the Water

Cabelas hands down. The aquarium is better, the choice of fishing gear is about the same and the hunting gear is far superior than Bass Pro. However, I can spend hours in both of them.

7. I like BPS better. Seems like they have had everything that I have needed when I have been down there.

8. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

Cabelas is my choice. I live a half hour from BPS so I frequent that place as well. I have been to the Cabelas in Michigan a couple times and prefer it over BPS in Cincy.

9. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Haven't been to Wheeling, but when you've been to a large Cabelas or BPS, the one in Cincinnati pales in comparison. The Cabelas in Dundee MI is awesome and worth the trip.

10. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Cabala's is easily my preference. In my travels I have been able to visit 3 Cabela's and 4 Bass Pro's. I don't even think it's a close comparison.

11. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I use to prefer Cabelas, but after their mishandling lead to the death of the world record blue cat : Bass Pro gets my vote. Cabelas will never see a dime of mine again.

12. ya I would say it matters on what your looking for. Strait fishing gear I like bps for rods, line, and lures. But for boating gear I like cabela's. Same with hunting gear I love cabela's for that stuff. it all depends on what your looking for.