close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cabelas in West Virginia

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crappiebub, Jun 9, 2004.

1. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

They had representative on the radio saying that they are shooting for a Soft opening on Aug. 12 at 8:00AM and the Grand Opening a few weeks later. Store will be 175,00 sq ft. That makes it 50,000 sq ft smaller than Dundee Mi.

2. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Thanks for the dates.

I drive past there about once a month. I need a new place to spend more money. :rolleyes:

I only drive past Dundee once every couple of months.

Kim

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Crappie.....

Was that total sq footage or just showroom? I believe they were planning on having a distribution center there for mail order, etc.....which would make the complex MUCH larger than Dundee :D

4. 175,000 sq ft showroom

400,000 sq ft distribution center

PLUS a TV production studio...

Carl

5. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

freaking unbelieveable!

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I go by cabelas in dundee about every 2-3 weeks. Dropped too much money there a couple of nights ago.

BTW - if you are up that way, there's a sportsbar right outside of cabelas called the 'Wilderness Sportsbar'. It's in a little strip mall behind the gas station. They have unbelievable fresh walleye, erie perch, and bluegill. All fresh, they cook it up right behind the bar. I ate there the other night for the 3rd time and had a mixed bag of perch and gills. It's a little expensive (my dinner was 14.95) but you get a lot and it's just plain good.

7. Dingo

Dingo

With a 400,000 sq ft distribution center, I would bet that they will have a sizeable cave. That's where the money is spent.

If they were smart, they would open a couple of stores (target, pottery barn, crate and barrel, etc.) in the vicinity where the ladies can spend time while their partners blow half of the mortgage in Cabalas. Also throw in free shuttle service and complementary use of 2-way radios for shopping status updates from both parties.

8. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Roger,

I wanted to stop by there and try it out. I wonder if they have Guinness or Molson Canadian on tap? If so......I feel a weekend coming on. Cabelas, Wilderness SPortsbar, and Amerihost Inn across the street :D

9. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I tell ya what, I'm going to stop there for a perch sandwich on my way home and I'll ask. I'm sure they have guinness though. Nice scenery too ;)

10. I could be wrong but for some reason I thought they were going to put in a shooting range and a couple other things. I think it will help employ most if not all of Wheeling. Their economy is going to go throught the roof the first day it is open. I can't wait until it opens I will probably go down on opening weekend just to check it out. Website says they are opening to the public on August 12th. Check out their website. They have a lot planned for that store. It is huge.

fishintiger

11. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I will likely go down once all the hype is over with. Dundee is closer for me.......but I like to see the area of the land too.

Roger......definately check on the Guinness and Molson Canadian. If they have them.......I'm in! LOLOL

:D

12. AT 14.95 FOR A FISH DINNER IS A BARGAIN....AFTER ALL THE GAS,INS.,BAIT,PAYMENTS,TACKLE,UPKEEP,AND ALL OTHER STUFF,MY FISH DINNERS COST ME 149.95. :D :p :)

13. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

august seemed like a dreamwhen they announced it,but when i went by several weeks ago,they were bangin' away at a fast pace,so it looks like a reality now.i need to start stashing some of my allowance for my first trip :D

14. It must be nice Rick to get an allowence. I don't even get that. The boss told me to get a job if I wanted money. So now I am stuck here everyday. :(

15. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you gotta be old and grumpy to retire and draw an allowance :D ;)

16. that Wheeling going to get more of my money between the dog track now this I better budget myself trip's over there could be a lot more expensive now :D

17. I go by there alot. I hear they're building a wally world on the south side of 70, right opposite of the new place, and I assume all the little shops that go with it. I heard there will be a wild game diner too. MMMM... bison burgers. It will have it's own exit too, exit 10.